This Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chickpea Brownie Fudge recipe is actually a recipe fail that ended up with a life of it’s own.
It started out as an attempt (like a 5th attempt!) to make flourless brownies using chickpeas, but I never could get them to hold together without falling apart, which is hard to do in a flourless recipe without eggs.
So after my latest attempt, I put the baking pan in the refrigerator to re-group and try again another day. But when I took them out of the refrigerator the next day, they had firmed up nicely and were very close to having a soft fudge consistency.
Except they tasted like a brownie.
My youngest son loves them, and was the one who helped me eat all the failed attempts, and he was also the one who helped me come up with a name for them.
We decided to call them “brownie fudge”. But keep in mind, it’s not exactly a brownie and it’s not exactly fudge. It’s just good!
And it takes about 5 minutes to prepare and all you have to do is mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl, mix the wet ingredients together in a Vitamix, then merge the two together.
This healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free (with substitutions), egg-free, soy-free, grain-free and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Chewy Nut and Seed Bars, Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Black Forest Bars, Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Caramel Thumbprint Cookies or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Chickpeas:*
- excellent source of fiber
- good source of protein
- can help lower cholesterol
- provides better regulation of blood sugar
- can help decrease cardiovascular risks
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flour:*
- highest dietary fiber found in any flour at 58% RDA
- 14% coconut oil
- 19% vegan protein
- helps to promote blood sugar health
5 Fast Facts About Apples (Applesauce):*
- rich in anti-oxidants
- good source of B complex vitamins
- helps to reduce cholesterol
- 1 apple contains 17.4% RDA of fiber
- helps to regulate blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chickpea Brownie Fudge
Yield 9 squares
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Grain-Free / Flourless / No Refined Sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips*
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 can Eden organic chickpeas (15 ounce can, drained)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup*
- 3/4 cup organic applesauce
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the dry ingredients:
- Add all the dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl and stir together well. Set aside.
Prepare the wet ingredients:
- Add all the wet ingredients to a Vitamix and blend together until it is smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the contents of the Vitamix to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the mini-chocolate chips topping evenly over the top and gently pat them into the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Transfer the baking pan to the refrigerator so the fudge can firm up and it will hold together well went cut.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chickpea Brownie Fudge" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!