This Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chickpea Brownie Fudge recipe is actually a recipe fail that ended up with a life of its own.
It started out as an attempt (like a 5th attempt!) to make flourless brownies using chickpeas, but I never could get them to hold together without falling apart, which is hard to do in a flourless recipe without eggs.
So after my latest attempt, I put the baking pan in the refrigerator to re-group and try again another day. But when I took them out of the refrigerator the next day, they had firmed up nicely and were very close to having a soft fudge consistency.
Except they tasted like a brownie.
My youngest son loves them and was the one who helped me eat all the failed attempts, and he was also the one who helped me come up with a name for them.
We decided to call them “brownie fudge”. But keep in mind, it’s not exactly a brownie and it’s not exactly fudge. It’s just good!
And it takes about 5 minutes to prepare and all you have to do is mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl, mix the wet ingredients together in a Vitamix, then merge the two together.
This healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free (with substitutions), egg-free, soy-free, grain-free and contains no refined sugar.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Chewy Nut and Seed Bars
- Raw No-Bake Black Forest Bars
- Flourless Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chickpea Brownie Fudge
Yield 9 squares
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Grain-Free / Flourless / No Refined Sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips*
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 can Eden organic chickpeas (15 ounce can, drained)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup*
- 3/4 cup organic applesauce
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the dry ingredients:
- Add all the dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl and stir together well. Set aside.
Prepare the wet ingredients:
- Add all the wet ingredients to a Vitamix and blend together until it is smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the contents of the Vitamix to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the mini-chocolate chips topping evenly over the top and gently pat them into the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Transfer the baking pan to the refrigerator so the fudge can firm up and it will hold together well went cut.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.