This Lectin-Free Vegan “Cheesy” Broccoli Bites recipe is perfect when you want a healthy and savory snack and you can make it with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I think this is one of my most favorite snacks to make. Sometimes I’ll make a batch and eat it all as a meal. Sometimes I’ll add the crispy broccoli pieces on top of a salad with my Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing.
I use my Gluten-Free Vegan Bread Crumb recipe which takes less than 5 minutes to make and is great to keep on hand to make some of my healthy oven-baked recipes shown below.
You can make it with either fresh or frozen broccoli (I use both depending on what I have on hand) and either one will work. You may have to leave them in the oven 5-10 minutes longer if you use frozen broccoli.
And although I love my olive oil (especially this brand), when baking something in the oven at a high heat, like 400 degrees in this recipe, I always use avocado oil instead of extra-virgin olive oil.
This healthy recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack and side dishes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Avocado Fries, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Okra Bites or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Broccoli:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- high in beta-carotene
- contains more calcium than dairy
- detoxifier that removes free radicals
- helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Broccoli Bites
Yield 3 cups
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Paleo-Friendly
For the broccoli:
- 3 cups organic broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
For the seasoning:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Set aside.
Prepare the broccoli:
- Add the broccoli florets to a large bowl, then drizzle the avocado oil over the top.
- Toss the broccoli until the avocado oil is evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the seasoning mixture on top of the broccoli pieces and gently toss until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Place the seasoned broccoli pieces on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the broccoli pieces back into the large bowl.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the seasoning mixture on top and gently re-toss until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Broccoli Bites" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!