This Lectin-Free Vegan “Cheesy” Broccoli Bites recipe is perfect when you want a healthy and savory snack and you can make it with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Gluten-Free Vegan “Cheesy” Broccoli Bites
I think this is one of my most favorite snacks to make. Sometimes I’ll make a batch and eat it all as a meal. Sometimes I’ll add the crispy broccoli pieces on top of a salad with my Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing.
I use my Gluten-Free Vegan Bread Crumb recipe which takes less than 5 minutes to make and is great to keep on hand to make some of my healthy oven-baked recipes shown below.
You can make it with either fresh or frozen broccoli (I use both depending on what I have on hand) and either one will work. You may have to leave them in the oven 5-10 minutes longer if you use frozen broccoli.
And although I love my olive oil (especially this brand), when baking something in the oven at high heat, like 400 degrees in this recipe, I always use avocado oil instead of extra-virgin olive oil.
This healthy recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free and paleo-friendly.
Want More Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Snack and Side Dish Recipes?
Check out these:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Vegan Oven Baked Avocado Fries
- Oven Baked Okra Bites
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Broccoli Bites
Yield 3 cups
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Paleo-Friendly
For the broccoli:
- 3 cups organic broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
For the seasoning:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Set aside.
Prepare the broccoli:
- Add the broccoli florets to a large bowl, then drizzle the avocado oil over the top.
- Toss the broccoli until the avocado oil is evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the seasoning mixture on top of the broccoli pieces and gently toss until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Place the seasoned broccoli pieces on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the broccoli pieces back into the large bowl.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the seasoning mixture on top and gently re-toss until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Broccoli Bites" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.