You’ll want to make sure you add these Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries to your healthy snack list! They’re easy to make and everyone will love them.
What do you do with extra zucchini you may have this summer?
Why you make these addictive zucchini fries…or my Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Chips!
They’re made with fresh zucchini and coated with my Gluten-Free Homemade Bread Crumbs and will be gone faster than it takes to make them. I promise!
I’ve made several other recipes using my bread crumb coating like Healthy Oven Baked Green Tomatoes, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Avocado Fries or Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Chipotle Jicama Fries with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce that you need to try.
You can add more or less cayenne pepper to the seasoning depending on how spicy you like them or whether your little ones will be enjoying them.
This healthy snack is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, oil-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Zucchini Brownies, Raw Zucchini Hummus, Lemon Dill Zucchini Chips or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:*
- low calorie food – 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk + Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
Yield 2 -4 servings
- 2 organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
For the seasoning:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside.
Prepare the zucchini:
- Cut both ends off the zucchini, then cut it in half. Leaving the skin on, slice it into thick fry-size pieces. Repeat for the second zucchini. Set aside.
- Start an assembly line in this order: sliced zucchini, small bowl with almond milk, small bowl with only 1/2 the seasoning mixture, baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Dip each piece of sliced zucchini into the bowl of almond milk, then drop into the bowl of seasoning mixture, toss until all sides are covered, then place it on the baking pan. Repeat until you run out of seasoning mixture.
- When you run out of seasoning mixture, add the second half to the same bowl and repeat the steps above until you run out of zucchini. (I've found that about half-way through, the seasoning mixture gets saturated with the almond milk and doesn't stick as well to the zucchini, so I started halving the mixture).
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the coating becomes golden. Flip the fries over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the coating becomes golden. Take care not to over bake or burn them.
- Best when served hot from the oven.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.