This is a really easy, clean eating Vegan Cheese Sauce to make in your Vitamix and is perfect over veggies or even to use as a dip.
I’ve made this recipe many times and have used it on top of steamed broccoli, as a dressing for a kale salad, and of course, as a nacho chip-type dip.
The traditional store-bought cheese dips are highly processed and don’t really have any real food ingredients:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Original Velveeta Ingredient List:
Ingredients: Milk, Water, Whey, Milk Protein Concentration, Milkfat, Whey Concentrate, Sodium Phosphate, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid, [Preservative], Sodium Citrate, Sodium Alginate, Enzymes, Apocarotenal (For Color), Annatto (For Color), Cheese Culture
It’s a classic S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) manufactured food product, is not vegan, is highly processed and contains preservatives.
This healthier version is made with clean, real food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip, Healthy Artichoke Dip, Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce or my Clean Eating Cookbook with and entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and sauce recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in heart friendly monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- high in antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Tahini (Sesame Seeds):*
- high source of calcium
- excellent antioxidant
- helps lower cholesterol
- helps reduce inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- helps regulate blood pressure
- reduces bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in the body
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- excellent source of heart friendly fats
- helps lower blood pressure
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar levels
- high in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin b12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent antioxidant
- contains 15 minerals
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Oil-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon organic tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon non-GMO organic cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground paprika
- Optional: Soak the cashews in filtered/purified water for about 30 minutes, drain and rinse. This step is optional, but it will make the sauce extra creamy.
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Cheese Sauce" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!