This easy plant-based Vegan Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Pudding is a healthy, clean eating recipe made with only 5 ingredients and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Today’s recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Pudding is my submission for this month’s theme for The Recipe ReDux which is:
“7-Ingredient (Or Less) Recipes: It’s income tax season, so our brains could use some easy arithmetic; as in seven-ingredient-or-less recipes. Show us the healthy, no-brainer dish you fix for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Think beyond smoothies or drinks, please. (And for those of you living in countries where it’s not tax season – we’re pretty sure you and your readers would still love doing the math for seven-ingredient-recipes!)”
Well, my recipe today is about as easy as it gets and definitely fits the bill: 4 ingredients, healthy and a no-brainer!
Chia seed pudding is something I make very frequently and enjoy because it literally takes less than 2 minutes to prepare.
And although the chocolate version is probably the one I make the most, I’ve never posted it because…well, it’s really so un-original.
So I decided to dress it up a little and added mini chocolate chips to make it a little different.
It does make it a little sweeter with the chocolate chips so if you don’t want a really sweet dessert, you can always leave them out.
I like to make mine either at night and leave it in the refrigerator overnight to have for breakfast in the morning, or make it in the morning and it’s ready for a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
This recipe is organic, “almost raw”, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.