This healthy plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies recipe is so easy to make with only 8 clean, real food ingredients and is ready to enjoy in about 15 minutes. They're made without white flour, white sugar, eggs, butter or oil but you'll never miss them in these fudgy and gooey cookies everyone will love!
You can enjoy a batch of these Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies in about 15 minutes!
Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
These Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are in one word...amazing!
You will be shaking your head in disbelief that these cookies have absolutely no white flour, white sugar, grains, gluten, butter, eggs, or oil and still taste delicious.
I experimented using both almond butter and peanut butter and even though the peanut butter ones were "ok", they were definitely much drier in taste.
The almond butter version will give you the fudgiest, moist, melt in your mouth chocolate cookie.
You can see the difference between the two in the photo below.
And just so you can feel good about eating these little cookies, let's look at the typical ingredients found in a traditional chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Recipe: Ingredients: 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups white flour, 2 1/2 cups pecans, 1 bag milk chocolate chips, salt, baking soda, baking powder.
That's a total of 2 cups refined and processed sugar, 2 cups white refined flour, 1 cup of butter and 2 eggs.
This healthier version is flourless, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar!
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Almond Butter. I've made these with both almond butter and peanut butter and the texture is so much better with the almond butter, I think because it is creamier than the peanut butter. I make homemade almond butter so I process it until it is ultra creamy and smooth.
Coconut Sugar. I used the organic coconut sugar but feel free to use your favorite organic granular sweetener.
Cacao Powder. This is my preference but you can substitute with regular cocoa powder.
Chocolate Chips. I only use Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips because they are vegan + gluten-free but you can use your favorite brand. I used mini-chocolate chips which do better since these are small cookies. If you need the cookies to be 100% Medical Medium compliant, you will need to use bittersweet dark chocolate chips with 85% cacao.
Pecans. It's best to chop the pecans into small pieces since the cookies are small.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is the salt of my preference but it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Tip #2: I showed a photo above of what they will look like before baking them. They will have a very wet, glossy texture to them and that's how you want the batter to be.
Want More Healthy Vegan + Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Raspberry Lemon Mini Cheesecakes
- Pomegranate and Dried Blueberry Chocolate Bark
- Clean Eating Chocolate Crunch Bars
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
For the cookies:
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 3/4 cups organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the flax eggs:
- 2 tablespoons organic ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons water (filtered/purified)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the flax eggs:
- Add all the ingredients for the flax eggs to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside while you work on the rest of the recipe.
Prepare the cookies:
- Add all ingredients for the cookies to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- For drop cookies: drop a spoonful at a time onto your baking pan.
- For rounder, traditional cookies: drop a spoonful at a time onto your baking pan, lightly pat them down with your fingertips to flatten them slightly and pat the edges with your fingertips to smooth them out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the baking pan.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.