This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is ready in less than 5 minutes and gives you another healthy breakfast option to make your mornings easier.
My memories of oatmeal were adding hot boiling water to little brown packets of dried oatmeal and spices that came in different flavors.
While store-bought oatmeal isn’t the worst thing you could buy, making it homemade is so much better.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Quaker Oats Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Ingredients: Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Sugar, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt
While it does have a very short ingredient list, which is good, where is the “pumpkin spice”? And it contains refined sugar and salt.
This healthier version uses unrefined salt and sugar, real organic pumpkin spice and creamy full-fat coconut milk instead of water.
And, it’s also organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Check out Vegan Coconut Oil Biscuits, Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, Raspberry Acai Smoothie Bowl or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 140 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Oats:*
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Milk:*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Raw Coconut Crystals/Coconut Sugar:*
- low glycemic (GI of 35)
- raw, vegan and gluten-free
- unrefined and unbleached
- contains 17 amino acids
- is an abundant source of minerals and broad spectrum B vitamins
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / No Refined Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and cook on low/medium heat for 2-4 minutes, or until the oats are soft, stirring while they are cooking.
- Adjust sweetener/spices to your preference.
- Optional: Garnish with pecans and/or stir chopped pecans into the oatmeal.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!