This Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's a plant-based salad that's perfect for a meal or side dish and is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's A Warm Salad - It's a nice change of pace if you're used to eating cold or room temperature salads!
- Ready In About 30 Minutes - You can prepare it in about 10 minutes and the remaining time is just waiting for the sweet potatoes to roast!
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as sweet potatoes, salad mix, onions, avocado oil, lime juice, tahini, garlic powder, chipotle powder, black pepper, and Himalayan pink salt.
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, alkaline, lectin-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Spring Salad Mix: Feel free to substitute with your favorite greens, such as arugula, baby spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, etc.
Onions: I like to use red onions, but you can use your favorite variety.
Avocado Oil: Can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil.
Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice will give you the best flavor and nutrients, but you could also use store-bought organic lime juice.
Chipotle + Garlic + Black Pepper: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, you can always substitute with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (1) large salad or (2) smaller side salads. Nutritional information is for (1) small salad which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Salad Recipes?
Check out these:
- Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Vegan Greek Salad,
- Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing
For the salad:
- 2 handfuls organic spring salad mix
- 1/2 - 1 organic avocado (sliced or cubed)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons organic red onions (diced)
For the sweet potatoes:
- 2 cups organic sweet potato cubes
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground chipotle powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 3 tablespoons organic lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water (filtered/purified) filtered/purified
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 - 2 pinches organic ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the sweet potatoes:
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes to a medium-size mixing bowl with the avocado oil and toss until all pieces are covered and coated.
- In a small bowl, add the Himalayan pink salt, chipotle powder and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the cubed sweet potatoes and toss until the seasoning mixture is evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Transfer the seasoned cubed sweet potatoes onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 minutes, or until they are soft.
Prepare the dressing:
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add all ingredients for the dressing to a small mixing bowl and whisk together until everything is well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Prepare the toppings:
- Dice the red onion and either cube or slice the avocado, then set aside.
- Divide the spring salad mix evenly between your serving plate(s), sprinkle the diced red onions, and add the avocado pieces on top.
- When the potatoes are ready, add them to the top of the salad, then drizzle the dressing over the entire salad.
- Best when served warm.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.