This Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing is really easy to make and can be ready in about 30 minutes.
It’s a nice change of pace if you’re used to eating cold or room temperature salads because it’s actually a “warm” salad, especially if you serve the roasted sweet potato cubes right out of the oven.
You can have your salad and dressing prepped and ready to go while the sweet potato cubes are roasting, then just toss them on top of the salad before serving.
The sweet potato cubes are tossed in avocado oil and seasoned with chipotle powder, garlic powder and Himalayan pink salt, then paired with my Tahini Lime Dressing.
And, you can add diced red onions and slices of avocado to increase the nutritional profile.
This healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, lectin-free, alkaline and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy salad recipes? Check out Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing, Clean Eating Vegan Greek Salad, Vegan Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Sweet Potatoes:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- contains 2 g of vegan protein
- contains 4 g of fiber
- high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and vitamin B6
- excellent source of potassium, copper and manganese
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Tahini (Sesame Seeds):*
- high in calcium at 35% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Limes:*
- aids in digestion
- fat burner
- contains more vitamin C than a lemon
- anti-oxidant and anti-biotic effects
- extremely alkalizing to the body
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / Lectin-Free / Alkaline / No Refined Sugar
- 2 handfuls organic spring salad mix
- 1/2 - 1 organic avocado (sliced or cubed)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons organic red onions (diced)
For the sweet potatoes:
- 2 cups organic sweet potato cubes
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground chipotle powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the dressing:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the sweet potatoes:
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes to a medium sized bowl with the avocado oil and toss until all pieces are covered and coated.
- In a small bowl, add the Himalayan pink salt, chipotle powder and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the cubed sweet potatoes and toss until the seasoning mixture is evenly distributed and all pieces are covered. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Transfer the seasoned cubed sweet potatoes to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, or until they are soft.
Prepare the dressing:
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk together until everything is well blended. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Set aside.
Prepare the toppings:
- Dice the red onion and either cube or slice the avocado. Set aside.
- Add the spring salad mix, or greens of your choice, to your serving plate(s), sprinkle the diced red onions and add the avocado pieces on top.
- When the potatoes are ready, add them to the top of the salad, then drizzle the dressing over the entire salad.
- Best when served warm.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!