Today, I have to share with you this Watermelon Basil Salad with Fresh Basil Vinaigrette recipe as a follow up to my last recipe post.
In my last post, I shared with you a super easy Fresh Basil Vinaigrette that is ready in less than 5 minutes, and now, you have the perfect, delicious salad to go with it!
It’s a cross between slightly sweet and tangy – with sweetness coming from the watermelon and tangy coming from the apple cider vinegar in the vinaigrette.
And there’s just something magical about the watermelon + basil combination…you should give it a try if you’ve never had the two together.
Light and refreshing, it’s just the kind of quick salad you need during the hot summer months.
Want more healthy salad recipes? Check out Strawberry and Spinach Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinegar, Clean Eating Vegan Greek Salad, Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating salad recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Watermelon:*
- 1 cup contains 16.4% vitamin C
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- excellent anti-oxidant
- excellent source of potassium
- natural diuretic
5 Fast Facts About Basil:*
- 2 teaspoons provide 60% dv of vitamin K
- 2 teaspoons provide 5.9% dv of calcium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- good for digestive tract health
- anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Watermelon Basil Salad with Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / Paleo-Friendly / Alkaline / No Refined Sugar
For the salad:
- 2 cups organic watermelon (cubed)
- 2-4 cups organic spring salad mix
- 8 leaves organic fresh basil
For the vinaigrette:
Prepare the vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients for the vinaigrette to a Vitamix and blend until it's well combined and smooth. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
Prepare the salad:
- Cut the watermelon into small cubed pieces.
- Chop the fresh basil into long strips.
- Add 1-2 large handfuls of spring salad mix (or lettuce of your choice) to your serving plate(s).
- Sprinkle the watermelon cubes and chopped basil on top of the salad mix and drizzle with the basil vinaigrette.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Watermelon Basil Salad with Fresh Basil Vinaigrette" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your support of this website!