These Spicy Chipotle Cashews are a healthier snack option and really simple to make.
I’ve actually made them three different ways: raw, in a dehydrator and in an oven and they taste great using either option.
I couldn’t find a store-bought brand of chipotle cashews for comparison, but I did find some chipotle peanuts:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Planters Chipotle Peanuts:
Ingredients: Peanuts, Peanut and/or Cottonseed Oil, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Dried Onions, Chipotle Chili Pepper Powder, Dried Tomatoes, Dried Garlic, Yeast Extract, Cornstarch, Citric Acid , Natural Flavor (Contains Celery), Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), Malic Acid, Natural Smoke Flavor (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: “F”
Whether it is peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc., it’s the seasoning mix and oil used that is one concern since they contains GMO’s (cornstarch and cottonseed oil), MSG and refined sugar and salt.
Another other concern is that non-organic peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc. will contain pesticides.
This healthier version uses organic cashews, organic coconut oil, clean spices and they’re vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out Cheezy Raw Kale Chips, Superfood Fruit Nut and Seed Snack Mix, Lemon Dill Zucchini Chips or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.