My Lentil and Broccoli Bowl with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing is my recipe submission for this month’s theme with The Recipe ReDux.
The theme for this month is:
“Plant Protein Power Bowls – Packed with protein, fiber and color, plant power bowls are trendy and delicious. Show us the healthy recipe that’s in your bowl.”
I decided to use organic sprouted lentils as the plant-based protein in this recipe since they have 18 grams per 1 cup serving.
I added the lentils on top of a bed of chopped spinach, then topped the lentils with oven roasted “cheesy” broccoli pieces and then drizzled the top with a pumpkin tahini dressing.
The entire meal takes about 15 minutes to make and it’s organic, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Want more healthy meal and entrée recipes? Check out Spicy Twice Baked Turmeric Potatoes, Vegan Italian Spaghetti Squash Bake, Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entrée recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Lentils:*
- excellent source of fiber – 1 cup contains 15 g
- helps to stabilize blood sugar
- excellent source of vegan protein – 1 cup contains 18 g
- high in folate, vitamin A, potassium and magnesium
- good source of iron and anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Broccoli:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- high in beta-carotene
- contains more calcium than dairy
- detoxifier that removes free radicals
- helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Spinach:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- high in anti-oxidants
- super high in vitamin K (1,110.6% DV) and vitamin A (377.3% DV)
- phytonutrients provide anti-cancer benefits
- can help improve cardiovascular health
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin:*
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- excellent source of magnesium
- helps to lower cholesterol
- alkaline forming
- high in essential fatty acids
5 Fast Facts About Tahini:*
- high in calcium at 35% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in phytosterol
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.