This Gluten-Free Vegan Lentil and Broccoli Bowl with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based power bowl that's ready in under 30 minutes and everyone will enjoy!
Gluten-Free Vegan Lentil and Broccoli Bowl with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing
Here's why this recipe works - my top 3 reasons:
- Healthy plant-based power bowl
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Made with clean, real food ingredients
Healthy Plant-Based Power Bowl
This plant-based bowl is packed with protein, fiber, and color.
For example, the organic sprouted lentils have 18 grams of plant-based protein in a (1) cup serving.
Ready In Under 30 Minutes
There are several steps to make this recipe, but they can all three be done in under 30 minutes.
For example, while the broccoli is roasting, you can be prepping the creamy pumpkin tahini sauce and cooking the lentils.
Once the broccoli is ready, it's just a matter of assembling the power bowl and it's ready to enjoy!
Made With Clean Real Food Ingredients
This recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients.
For example, baby spinach, sprouted lentils, broccoli, avocado oil, tahini, pumpkin puree, almond flour, nutritional yeast (not Medical Medium compliant), garlic powder, and Himalayan pink salt.
My healthy plant-based recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and can be Medical Medium compliant with one ingredient adjustment.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dinner Recipes?
Check out these:
- Spicy Twice Baked Turmeric Potatoes
- Italian Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Lentil and Broccoli Bowl with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups organic lentils (uncooked)
- 4 cups organic baby spinach (chopped)
For the broccoli:
- 4 cups organic broccoli
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast*
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup organic tahini
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons water, filtered/purified
- 3/4 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the broccoli:
- Cut the broccoli into small bite-size pieces.
- Add the broccoli pieces to a large mixing bowl with the avocado oil and toss until the avocado oil is evenly distributed and all broccoli pieces are covered.
- Add the almond flour, nutritional yeast*, Himalayan pink salt and garlic powder to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the broccoli pieces and gently toss until they are all covered and the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Transfer the seasoned broccoli pieces to the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are slightly crispy.
Prepare the lentils:
- While the broccoli is baking, prepare the lentils according to the package directions.
- Note: The directions for the brand I used, "TruRoots Organic Sprouted Lentil Trio" are: Add 1 cup dry lentils to 3 cups of boiling water in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 2 minutes. Drain, as needed. Makes 4 servings.
Prepare the dressing:
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference and/or adjust the amount of water to get the consistency you prefer.
- Divide the chopped spinach evenly between you serving dishes, then divide the roasted broccoli evenly, then divide the sauce evenly and drizzle it over the broccoli.
- Optional: Sprinkle dulse flakes on top as a garnish.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.