These Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Cranberry Truffles are not only perfect for the holiday season using traditional favorite ingredients like pecans and cranberries, but they are super easy to make.
It takes about 5 minutes and 6 clean ingredients to make this no-fuss dessert (or snack) using only a food processor.
I didn’t take a photo of this, but I’ve also made these by dusting them with raw cacao powder which dressed them up a little.
Other similar recipes use S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) ingredients like these:
Typical S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Pecan Cranberry Truffle Ingredients
Ingredients: 3/4 cup whipping cream, 3/4 stick butter, 2 tbs light corn syrup, 3 tbs concentrated cranberry juice cocktail, 12 oz semisweet chocolate, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup pecans, powdered sugar, etc.
This healthier version is made with clean ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy truffle and ball recipes? Check out Pecan Pie Truffles, Cacao Nib Superfood Truffles, Crunchy Raw Protein Balls or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating truffle and ball recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:*
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Cranberries:*
- 1/2 cup contains 10% vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 18% DV of manganese
- 1 cup contains 18% DV of fiber
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- ORAC score of 9584 per 100 g
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 teaspoon contains 3 g of protein and 3 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Cranberry Truffles
Yield 20 - 22 small truffles
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / No-Bake / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the truffles:
- 2 cups organic pecans
- 8 organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
For the add-in:
- Add all ingredients for the truffles to a food processor and process until it becomes a moist, crumbly texture.
- Add the dried cranberries and pulse a couple of times, only long enough to break the cranberries down into small pieces, taking care not to over process.
- Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze the mixture in the palm of your hand, then roll them into a round ball shape between your hands.
- Optional: Roll the truffles in a small bowl with raw cacao powder to dress them up.
- Put the truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm them up.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Cranberry Truffles" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.