This healthy plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Pumpkin Pie is an easy recipe to make using 8 clean, real food ingredients and can be prepared in under 15 minutes! It's a healthy makeover recipe made without eggs, white sugar, white flour, butter or cream.
You'll never have to pass up a rich and creamy pumpkin pie - especially during the Fall and Thanksgiving gatherings with my healthy vegan no-bake pumpkin pie recipe!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Can Be Prepared In Less Than 15 Minutes
- Customizable Topping Options
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
Can Be Prepared In Less Than 15 Minutes
Yes, it's true! You can whip this healthy no-bake dessert up in less than 15 minutes in just two short steps.
For example, the first step is making the naturally sweetened crust in a food processor.
And the second step is making the pumpkin pie filling in a Vitamix.
Customizable Topping Options
There are several topping options I share with you below, like these:
- Plain - without any toppings
- Add dollops of homemade whipped coconut cream on each piece before serving
- Spread homemade whipped coconut cream over the top of the pie
- Drizzle the top of the pie with my Raw Chocolate Sauce
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top
Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
Everyone enjoys a traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, but your pumpkin pie doesn't have to include typical ingredients that are found in traditional pumpkin pie recipes.
Here are some of the ingredients you will find in a homemade S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) pumpkin pie recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
- Typical Filling Ingredients: heavy cream, evaporated milk, dark brown sugar, white sugar, refined salt, egg yolks
- Typical Crust Ingredients: white, bleached flour, processed salt, white refined sugar, and an entire stick of butter
My healthy vegan pumpkin pie dessert is made with clean, real food ingredients and is plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, grain-free, flourless, no-bake, no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and is Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Before getting started, set aside a standard-size pie dish.
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
Firstly, add all the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and process until it becomes a wet, crumbly texture.
After that, transfer the crust to a pie pan of your choice. For example, I like to use one with decorative edges but you can use any type of pie pan.
Next, press the crust mixture down as firmly as possible into the pie pan.
Set it aside while you work on the rest of the recipe.
Step 2: Prepare the Pumpkin Filling
Secondly, to get a creamy, silky, and smooth filling, you'll want to blend your ingredients in a Vitamix!
Just add all the ingredients for the pumpkin pie filling to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
Transfer the pumpkin filling to a pie dish and spread it evenly over the crust.
Place the pie dish in the refrigerator for approximately 30-60 minutes to allow the pumpkin pie to firm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Toppings Can I Use?
There are several different healthy plant-based options you can use to top your vegan pumpkin pie.
Therefore, I'll share with you (5) of my favorites below:
- Serve it Plain - After placing the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator to chill, you can serve it plain without any toppings.
- Add Dollops of Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping on Top - Take a spoonful of Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping and decorate the top of the pie with dollops.
- Spread Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping as a Top Layer - Similarly, you can use the Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream as a frosting layer to cover the entire top of the pie.
- Drizzle Raw Chocolate Sauce Over the Top - Chocolate and pumpkin go great together and a little drizzle of Raw Chocolate Sauce over the top makes it extra special (not Medical Medium® compliant unless you substitute the raw cacao powder with carob powder).
- Sprinkle Crushed Pecans or Walnuts on Top As a Garnish - Lastly, a garnish of crushed pecans or walnuts is the perfect topping for this healthy dessert!
Can I Make This Into Mini Servings?
Yes! And it's a great idea for portion control and easier serving.
Just divide the crust mixture and the filling mixture evenly between whichever container you choose.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Suggestions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Pie Dish. An alternative to using a standard-size pie dish is to make individual pies in 4.5-inch tart pans. I like to use these for individual portion sizes (and portion control) and they are perfect for our family of four.
Pumpkin Pie Puree. Make sure you buy pumpkin pie "puree" and not pumpkin pie "filling. In addition, try to buy the pumpkin pie puree in a BPA-free can if possible.
Maple Syrup. This is not an overly sweet pie and has just a hint of sweetness. If you would like your pie filling to be sweeter, taste it after everything is mixed in the Vitamix, and if you would like it a little sweeter, add another 1/4 cup of organic maple syrup and mix again until everything is blended well.
Vanilla Extract. If you need this recipe to be 100% Medical Medium compliant, substitute the organic pure vanilla extract with alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Optional Toppings. Both of these toppings are optional but take a plain pumpkin pie over the top!
Homemade Whipped Coconut Topping. Use my recipe for Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping is really simple to make and adds an extra touch.
- Layer - If you use the Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping as a frosting layer on top of the pumpkin pie, you will use the entire recipe.
- Dollops - If you use the Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping as dollops on top of the pumpkin pie, you will have some leftover. Just save it for pancakes, waffles, parfaits, over fruit, etc.
Raw Cacao Drizzle. Use my raw plant-based Raw Chocolate Sauce that pairs perfectly with pumpkin pie. Just drizzle a little over the top of each piece before serving. Keep in mind, unless you substitute the raw cacao with carob powder, the chocolate sauce would not be Medical Mediudm® compliant.
Want More Healthy No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes
- Clean Eating Pumpkin and Pecan Fudge
- or my After The Cleanses™ Medical Medium® Compliant Meal Plan Program with 42 plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie
For the crust:
- 2 cups organic pecans
- 1/2 cup organic Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon organic refined coconut oil
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 2 cans organic pumpkin puree (15-ounce cans)
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract*
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Set aside a standard-size pie dish.
Prepare the crust:
- Add all the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and process until it has a wet, crumbly texture.
- Transfer the crust mixture to the prepared pie dish and press it down firmly.
- Set aside while you prepare the pumpkin pie filling.
Prepare the pumpkin pie filling:
- Add all ingredients for the pumpkin pie filling to a Vitamix and blend until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust the spices and sweetener if you prefer.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie dish and spread it evenly on top of the crust.
- Transfer the pie dish to the refrigerator for approximately 30-60 minutes to firm.
- Serve the pumpkin pie plain, without toppings.
- Serve with a layer of Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping on top of the pumpkin pie filling.
- Serve with dollops of Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping on top of the pumpkin pie filling.
- Serve with Raw Chocolate Sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped organic pecans or organic walnuts.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.