In this Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding Parfait recipe, I’ve combined a classic chia pudding with a dark cherry + chocolate combination.
It has a thick, sweetened plain chia pudding layer + dark cherry chia seed jam layer + dark cherries + melted chocolate layer – twice!
Then it’s topped with a drizzle of even more melted chocolate 🙂
It only takes a few minutes to make each step and I used my Vitamix to make both the chia pudding and chia jam in a matter of minutes.
The recipe is enough to make one large serving or two smaller servings. Have fun and make a large serving and share it with someone special!
And don’t worry about being precise with the amounts you put in each layer…it isn’t critical so feel free to use as much or as little of each as you like.
But…try to use organic cherries, if possible, because non-organic cherries can contain up to 42 different pesticides and please, please, please don’t buy or use the red food colored cherries in a jar with an ingredient list like this: Cherries, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Preserved with: Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate, Red 40, Sulfur Dioxide (Preservative).
This easy and healthy recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Clean Eating Vegan Cherry Tart, Dark Cherry and Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Dark Cherries:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer agents
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains beneficial phytonutrients
- high in beta-carotene with 19 times more than strawberries
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding Parfait
Yield 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / No-Cook / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the chia pudding:
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined granular sweetener
For the dark cherry chia jam:
- 2 cups organic dark cherries (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons filtered/purified water
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
For the chocolate add-in:
For the dark cherry add-in:
- 1 cup organic dark cherries (pitted)
Prepare the chia pudding:
- Add all the ingredients for the chia pudding to a Vitamix and pulse 5-6 short times, only long enough to mix the ingredients together, but taking care not to over process. You don't want the chia seeds to be broken down.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until it firms up.
Prepare the dark cherry chia jam:
- Add all the ingredients for the dark cherry chia jam to a Vitamix and pulse or blend until the cherries are broken down, but taking care not to over process. Set aside. I gave you the ingredient list for a full batch of dark cherry chia jam, but you won't need to use but about 1/4 of it for this recipe. Just store the extra in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Prepare the chocolate add-in:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate add-in to a small saucepan and melt on lowest heat, stirring until it is smooth and well blended, taking care not to let it burn. Set aside.
If you are making (1) large serving, just layer everything in one large glass or mason jar:
- Layers starting at the bottom: 1/2 of the chia pudding --> 3-4 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/2 cup dark cherries --> 3-4 tablespoons chocolate add-in --> other 1/2 of the chia pudding --> 3-4 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/2 cup dark cherries --> 1-2 tablespoons chocolate drizzle
If you are making (2) smaller servings, just divide the (1) serving ingredient amounts between two serving glasses:
- Layers starting at the bottom: 1/4 of the chia pudding --> 2-3 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/4 cup dark cherries --> 2-3 tablespoons chocolate add-in --> other 1/4 of the chia pudding --> 2-3 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/4 cup dark cherries --> 1 tablespoons chocolate drizzle
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding Parfait" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!