In this Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding Parfait recipe, I've combined a classic chia pudding with a dark cherry + chocolate combination.
It has a thick, sweetened plain chia pudding layer + dark cherry chia seed jam layer + dark cherries + melted chocolate layer - twice!
Then it's topped with a drizzle of even more melted chocolate 🙂
It only takes a few minutes to make each step and I used my Vitamix to make both the chia pudding and chia jam in a matter of minutes.
The recipe is enough to make one large serving or two smaller servings. Have fun and make a large serving and share it with someone special!
And don't worry about being precise with the amounts you put in each layer...it isn't critical so feel free to use as much or as little of each as you like.
But...try to use organic cherries, if possible, because non-organic cherries can contain up to 42 different pesticides and please, please, please don't buy or use the red food colored cherries in a jar with an ingredient list like this: Cherries, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Preserved with: Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate, Red 40, Sulfur Dioxide (Preservative).
This easy and healthy recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Clean Eating Vegan Cherry Tart, Dark Cherry and Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding Parfait
Yield 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / No-Cook / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the chia pudding:
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined granular sweetener
For the dark cherry chia jam:
- 2 cups organic dark cherries (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons filtered/purified water
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
For the chocolate add-in:
For the dark cherry add-in:
- 1 cup organic dark cherries (pitted)
Prepare the chia pudding:
- Add all the ingredients for the chia pudding to a Vitamix and pulse 5-6 short times, only long enough to mix the ingredients together, but taking care not to over process. You don't want the chia seeds to be broken down.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until it firms up.
Prepare the dark cherry chia jam:
- Add all the ingredients for the dark cherry chia jam to a Vitamix and pulse or blend until the cherries are broken down, but taking care not to over process. Set aside. I gave you the ingredient list for a full batch of dark cherry chia jam, but you won't need to use but about 1/4 of it for this recipe. Just store the extra in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Prepare the chocolate add-in:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate add-in to a small saucepan and melt on lowest heat, stirring until it is smooth and well blended, taking care not to let it burn. Set aside.
If you are making (1) large serving, just layer everything in one large glass or mason jar:
- Layers starting at the bottom: 1/2 of the chia pudding --> 3-4 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/2 cup dark cherries --> 3-4 tablespoons chocolate add-in --> other 1/2 of the chia pudding --> 3-4 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/2 cup dark cherries --> 1-2 tablespoons chocolate drizzle
If you are making (2) smaller servings, just divide the (1) serving ingredient amounts between two serving glasses:
- Layers starting at the bottom: 1/4 of the chia pudding --> 2-3 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/4 cup dark cherries --> 2-3 tablespoons chocolate add-in --> other 1/4 of the chia pudding --> 2-3 tablespoons dark cherry chia jam --> 1/4 cup dark cherries --> 1 tablespoons chocolate drizzle
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.