This Healthy Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Mousse is a great recipe to make or share during the hot summer months.
It's such a light and airy dessert and it's really easy to make.
I love to make different flavors of vegan mousse and some of my favorites are Clean Eating Vegan Strawberry Mousse, Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse, Vegan Lemon Mousse Tarts and Clean Eating Banana Split Mousse (so good!)
Traditional mousse recipes contain dairy, are not vegan and contain unnecessary ingredients.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Wegmans Chocolate Mousse Cup Ingredients:
Ingredients: Cream Heavy, Chocolate Dark (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor Processed with Alkali, Cocoa Butter, Butter Fat, Soy Lecithin Emulsifiers, Flavors Natural & Artificial), Eggs Whole, Sugar, Water, Vanilla, Gelatin
It contains GMO dairy (heavy cream), GMO soy (soy lecithin emulsifiers), eggs, butter and gelatin.
This healthier version is made with only 3 organic ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, no-cook, alkaline, paleo-friendly and has no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding Tarts, Creamy Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Banana Cream Mini Desserts or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Coconut:*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: Always keep a can (or two!) of organic full-fat coconut milk in the back of your refrigerator so you can make this recipe at a moments notice. If you don't have a can ready, you will need to leave it in the refrigerator - at least- 24 hours so the fat in the coconut milk can harden, but the longer the better. Once you open your can, the top half will be solid (fat) and the bottom half will be liquid (water). You will be using ONLY the solid part for this recipe (save the liquid part to add to a smoothie!).
Healthy Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Yield 1 cup
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Nut-Free / Soy-Free / Alkaline / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined granular sweetener*
Advanced Preparation: Put a can of full-fat coconut milk in the back of your refrigerator -at least- 24 hours, or longer, before making this recipe. The "fat" in the can will need to be solid to make the mousse.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. The top half of the can should be the hardened coconut "fat" and the bottom half should be liquid coconut "water".
- Scoop out the hardened "fat" part of the coconut milk from the top of the can and add it to the bowl of your mixer. Save the coconut "water" to add to a smoothie.
- Add the cacao powder and sweetener of your choice to the mixer bowl and mix on high speed with a whisk attachment until it peaks and turns into a fluffy mousse.
- Optional: Top with raw cacao nibs, raspberries, strawberries, mini-chocolate chips (not lectin-free), shredded coconut, etc.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight BPA-free container until ready to serve or it will get soft if left out at room temperature.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Mousse" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.