This homemade Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Cadbury Creme Eggs” recipe is an easy and fun Easter dessert to make with only 7 clean ingredients and they’re naturally colored with organic ground turmeric powder!
If you remember enjoying the classic “Cadbury Creme Eggs” in your Easter basket as a child, it’s very likely you weren’t wondering if they were vegan or not – I know I wasn’t!
Well, guess what?
They aren’t vegan!
They contain dried whey (milk), dried egg whites and milk.
So I recreated this classic Easter treat by using clean ingredients that are vegan and gluten-free so you don’t have to miss out on childhood memories.
I even naturally colored the yellow part of the filling with organic turmeric powder so you don’t have to worry about any unhealthy food colorings.
But – you just have to buy this cute silicone egg mold, because if you’re like me, you won’t be able to stop making Easter “egg” treats.
I’ve made three different varieties so far, including these Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs“, so you’ll definitely get your money’s worth 🙂
Are These “Cadbury Creme Eggs” Vegan?
The original store-bought eggs are NOT vegan, but my recipe is 100% vegan.
You just need to make sure you use this organic vegan powdered sugar because most powdered sugars contain animal bone char to whiten them.
Are These Gluten-Free Vegan “Cadbury Creme Eggs” Healthy?
In my opinion, they are definitely healthier than the store-bought version.
Let’s looks at the ingredients of the original candy treat:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Cadbury Creme Eggs:
Ingredients: Sugar, Milk, Glucose Syrup, Cocoa Butter, Invert Sugar Syrup, Dried Whey (From Milk), Cocoa Mass, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Emulsifier (E442), Dried Egg White, Flavorings, Color (Paprika Extract).
My Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Cadbury Creme Eggs” are made with only 7 clean ingredients and are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and do not contain refined sugar.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Cadbury Creme Eggs”?
Here is a list of the basic ingredients needed to make this recipe:
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons (Lemon Juice):*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric:*
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibit cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Cadbury Creme Eggs”:
It’s really easy to make this fun dessert with just a few steps.
You’ll want to make sure you have this silicone egg mold before starting.
- Make the filling: This easy step only takes a few minutes because all you need to do is add the ingredients for the filling to a bowl and stir everything together. You’ll reserve a small amount to use for the “yellow” filling and naturally color it with organic ground turmeric powder.
- Make the chocolate coating: This step also only takes a few minutes by adding the ingredients for the chocolate to a small saucepan and melting until it’s smooth.
Once you’ve made the filling and chocolate, all you need to do is assemble them into the egg mold and then let them firm in the freezer before enjoying.
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Cranberry Lemon Ball Truffles
- Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Black Forest Bars
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 No-Bake Gluten-Free + Vegan Dessert Recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make My Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy “Cadbury Creme Eggs” Recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below…it would make my day! 🙂