These Flourless Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Chia Seed Cookies are the perfect spring and summer dessert cookie.
I substituted the traditional lemon/poppy seed variation with a lemon/chia seed combination. They have a slightly tart flavor from the lemon and a subtle crunch from the chia seeds.
They’re a delicate cookie but holds well together once you let them completely cool after taking them out of the oven and have a nice golden outer edge.
Traditional lemon and poppy seed cookies usually include ingredients like these:
S.A.D. Ingredients (Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies): Typical Ingredients: flour, eggs, butter (or worse, margarine), refined sugar
This healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie Recipes?
Check out these:
- Flourless Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Flourless Vegan Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based gluten-free + vegan no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Flourless Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Chia Seed Cookies
Yield 18 small cookies
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Grain-Free / Egg-Free / Soy-Free / Flourless / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cashews and coconut oil to a food processor and process until they are creamy and smooth. This will take about 3-5 minutes as the cashews will turn from nuts, to flour, then to nut butter. Stop every minute or so to scrape the sides and help it along.
- Transfer the cashew butter to a medium-size bowl and add the remaining ingredients (lemon juice, granular sweetener, coconut flour, chia seeds, Himalayan pink salt).
- Stir everything together until it is well combined.
- Take out a spoonful at a time, roll the mixture into a small ball, then flatten it in the palms of your hands to make a small cookie shape, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place the cookies on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the baking pan.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Flourless Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Chia Seed Cookies" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.