This Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crumble with Caramel Sauce is the perfect recipe to make with fresh summer apples.
I make it with diced apples (I’ve used both Fuji and Braeburn apples) tossed with a little lemon juice and ground cinnamon, then top it with a gluten-free, vegan crumble.
The best part though, and what gives this dessert it’s sweetness, is the Vegan Caramel Sauce that is drizzled over the top.
You can have this ready in about 30 minutes and can even substitute the apples with another fruit, like in my Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry and Chia Seed Cobbler recipe.
Traditional apple crumble recipes have the typical ingredients used in baked goods:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Apple Crumble Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: White Sugar (Refined), Butter, White Flour, Brown Sugar
This healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars, Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Brownie Bottom Turtle Cheesecake, Pineapple Protein Chia Seed Pudding or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Apples:*
- rich in anti-oxidants
- good source of B complex vitamins
- helps to reduce cholesterol
- 1 apple contains 17.4% RDA of fiber
- helps to regulate blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Cinnamon:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps to control blood sugar
- excellent source of manganese and iron
- can help to lower bad cholesterol
- aids in eliminating migraine headaches
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.