This Gluten-Free Vegan Beefless “Beef” Stew is a hearty stew that’s perfect for a Meatless Monday meal.
When I was a child, one meal that was on regular rotation in our home was Beef Stew. I enjoyed it, but always picked out the meat because my favorite part was the soft potatoes and carrots in the seasoned gravy.
So for my own family, I revised the classic comfort meal I grew up with and made with without any beef at all because a) I would never buy beef and b) it tastes just as good without it.
It’s a perfect dinner meal to make for a cold fall or winter evening and it’s a one pot recipe which means it’s really easy to make.
After you prep all the veggies, all you have to do it put everything in one pot and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes, checking it and stirring it every 15 minutes or so.
It’s a very budget-friendly meal too, but if you want to make it even more filling, you can add organic white or brown rice to go with it.
This healthier recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
Want more healthy soup recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup, Vegan Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Soup, Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Potatoes:*
- one potato contains 16% dv of fiber
- one potato contains 39% of vitamin B6
- good source of zinc, copper and magnesium
- contains more potassium than a banana
- 20% of a potatoes nutrients are in it’s skin
5 Fast Facts About Carrots:*
- improves eyesight
- helps to prevent heart disease
- rich in antioxidants
- helps flush toxins from the body
- 1 cup contains 407.6% RDA of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Celery:*
- improves immune system
- reduces blood pressure
- extremely alkalizing food
- helps to lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Beefless "Beef" Stew
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups filtered/purified water
- 3 cups organic carrots (sliced)
- 1 large organic potato (cubed)
- 1 cup organic onion (diced)
- 2 stalks organic celery (diced)
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon organic dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 organic bay leaf
Prepare the veggies:
- Slice the carrots, cube the potatoes into small pieces, and dice the onion and celery into small pieces.
Prepare the soup:
- Add the avocado oil, onions, crushed garlic, salt and pepper to a large soup pot and lightly saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including the prepped veggies) and stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are soft, stirring it every 15 minutes or so.
- You may need to add additional liquid to keep it at a stew-like consistency. Add either additional filtered/purified water or veggie broth in 1/2 cup increments to keep it at your preferred consistency.
- Adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped parsley and/or ground black pepper.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Beefless "Beef" Stew" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!