This easy Homemade Vegan Cornbread recipe is so moist and made with easy-to-find ingredients. It’s vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, contains no refined sugar and can be prepared in about 5 minutes!
This is a classic homemade Vegan Cornbread recipe that is quite moist and really easy to make because it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
You probably already have all the ingredients on hand, with the exception of cornmeal, unless you use it on a regular basis.
The only thing I really use cornmeal for is to make cornbread so that’s the only reason I already had some.
This Vegan Cornbread recipe is somewhat dense in texture and not a sweet cornbread. Make sure you read the next section below of how you can customize it to your preference.
Can I Customize my Classic Homemade Vegan Cornbread?
Yes! Cornbread is a “regional” recipe, meaning some people prefer a sweet cornbread and some prefer a savory, or less sweet cornbread. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy it!
The great thing about this particular Vegan Cornbread recipe is it’s a “basic” cornbread recipe, and you can customize it however you like.
Do you prefer a sweet cornbread? No problem…make it as sweet as you like just by adjusting the amount of maple syrup in the recipe. Add 1 extra tablespoon at a time until you get it to the sweetness you prefer.
Or maybe you prefer a less sweet, savory cornbread? That’s easy…just add some diced jalapenos or even organic corn kernels and leave or reduce the amount of maple syrup in the recipe.
Can You Make Cornbread Without Eggs?
Yes! Traditional cornbread recipes are made with eggs, but in this Vegan Cornbread recipe, no eggs are used, making it a 100% vegan recipe!
Also, instead of using regular milk (cow milk), non-dairy milk is used making it a dairy-free recipe as well.
What To Serve with Classic Homemade Vegan Cornbread:
I grew up enjoying cornbread as a breakfast item (remember Jiffy cornbread mix?) but rarely make it for breakfast anymore.
Now we like to enjoy it with a comfort meal like:
- Chipotle Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili
- Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili
- Vegan Slow Cooker Black Eye Peas
- Vegan Black Bean Soup
Ingredients Used To Make Homemade Vegan Cornbread:
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Fact About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- contains 54 different antioxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with protein, calcium, and fiber
- high in antioxidants
- reduces the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, antibacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balances in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- reduces bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
How To Make Homemade Vegan Cornbread:
- Prepare the “buttermilk” – In this step, which should take only a few minutes, you will mix your favorite non-dairy milk (I like to use homemade almond milk) with vinegar and whisk it together.
- Wet Ingredients – Next add all the wet ingredients and the “buttermilk” mixture, after re-whisking it to a medium-size bowl. This is where you will want to adjust or increase the sweetener or add extra ingredients like sliced jalapenos, whole corn kernels, etc.
- Dry Ingredients – In this easy step, you will mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl. After all the dry ingredients are stirred together well, you will add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Next, you’ll want to have an 8 x 8 baking dish ready, lined with parchment paper. This will make removing the cornbread easier.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the cornbread is slightly golden on the top. If you are using a non-glass baking dish, increase the temperature to 375 degrees.
Did You Make This Vegan Cornbread Recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below…it would make my day! 🙂