This Gluten-Free Vegan Vegetable Rigatoni with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce is an easy and healthy recipe. It's the perfect plant-based meal that's dairy-free, ready in about 15 minutes, and is a kid-friendly dish!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's A Kid-Friendly Plant-Based Meal
- Can Be Prepared In About 15 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and oil-free.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Rigatoni: Feel free to use your favorite gluten-free pasta shape as a substitution. For example, shells, elbow noodles, and penne all work well.
Peas + Carrot Mixture: I use a 1-pound bag of frozen peas + carrots to save time.
Cauliflower: You will need raw cauliflower that has been cut into bite-size floret pieces which will make it easier to blend in your Vitamix. I've used a 1-pound bag of frozen organic cauliflower florets, as well as fresh, and they both work fine.
Almond Milk: This can be substituted with your favorite non-dairy milk with the exception of sweetened milk since this is a savory recipe. Homemade almond milk is my favorite but another great option is Joi Organic Almond Milk which is made with 100% organic almonds.
Cashews: Make sure you use "raw" cashews and not "roasted + salted". In addition, if you have a little extra time, an optional step is to soak the cashews before adding them to your Vitamix. Simply add the cashews to a bowl filled with filtered/purified water and let them soak for about 30 minutes, then rinse and drain. This will make the cashews soft and the sauce extra smooth.
Zucchini: Peel the zucchini and cut into smaller pieces before adding to your Vitamix.
Turmeric: I added this to give the sauce a "golden" color, but it can be omitted if you prefer.
Cayenne Pepper: This was added to give the sauce a little spicy flavor, but it can be adjusted or omitted.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make (8) servings of pasta. Nutritional information is calculated for 2/3 cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dinner Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Zucchini Boats with Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Vegetable Rigatoni With Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
For the pasta:
- 1 pound organic gluten-free rigatoni (16-ounce bag)
- 2 cups organic peas +carrots mixture
For the sauce:
- 3 cups organic cauliflower (cut into floret pieces)
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- 1 cup organic zucchini (peeled)
- 1 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1-2 pinches organic cayenne pepper powder
Prepare the pasta:
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
Prepare the sauce:
- While the pasta is boiling, add all ingredients for the sauce to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- For the Sauce
- Put all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Taste and if needed, make adjustments with pink Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, turmeric and nutritional yeast.
- To Assemble
- Strain the pasta and return it back to your pot.
- Add the cauliflower sauce, peas and carrots and stir until well combined.
- Warm on low heat just long enough to warm the sauce up and serve immediately.
- Best when served hot.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.