Read my review about “Original Greens On The Go” from It Works! Global featuring 8+ servings of fruits and veggies and 38 herbs and nutrient-dense superfoods, all non-GMO.
This photograph for “It Works! Greens On The Go” by The Healthy Family and Home is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License
Today I’d like to share with you a little summary of the original version of “Greens On The Go – Berry” supplement from It Works! Global.
While I would always advocate eating your fruits and vegetables fresh and raw, sometimes this is not always possible.
And even when we do, are we truly eating 8+ servings of each?
8+ servings of fruits and vegetables isn’t the only benefit of this supplement, it also has 38 herbs and nutrient-dense superfoods!
Although the drink is green in color, it doesn’t have the typical “green” taste to it, but a subtle berry flavor.
It comes in “Berry” and “Orange” flavor…and the “Berry” is my favorite.
When at home, I mix mine with purified/filtered water (from my Berkey) in a mason jar like in my photo above. When I take it with me on-the-go, I use my glass Lifefactory bottles.
I’ve seen a lot of people online mixing their “Greens On The Go” packets into plastic water bottles which isn’t a good idea because it’s really is just adding more toxins to your body because plastic water bottles contain the chemical BPA (Bisphenol A).
Try to use glass containers or water bottles when using “Greens On The Go” (or with any beverage) to avoid additional toxins.
What is “Greens On The Go”?
“Greens On The Go gives you all the energizing, detoxifying, and alkalizing benefits of Greens™ in a convenient packet you can take anywhere. With a blend of 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods that provide vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and enzymes, the nutrients found in Greens™ are at their highest naturally occurring, bioactive, bioavailable form to ensure maximum absorption by your body. The natural blend of ingredients in Greens™, including the acidity-fighting combination of magnesium and potassium, is designed to alkaline the body and restore pH balance. An unbalanced body can suffer severe and prolonged damage due to high acidity, making an acidic body more prone to sickness. With restores alkalinity, your body experiences improved immune system health and increased energy. Raw fruits and vegetables are the best foods for combating acidity and restoring alkalinity in the body. Greens™ gives you the nutrients of 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in every packet!” (source)
From the product label:
“A Difference You Can Feel: Stay healthy and energized wherever you go with 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables and 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods in one convenient packet! “Greens On The Go” contains a powerful herbal blend of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and enzymes in their naturally occurring, bioactive, bioavailable form for maximum absorption by your body. It’s results you can truly feel; increased energy, improved immune system health, a clean-running digestive system, along with a detoxified, pH-balanced body for better overall health.”*
“A Taste You Can Enjoy: Most alkalizing drinks not only look like a glass of grass, but they taste like it, too! The sweet berry flavor of “Greens On The Go” sets it apart. Try it in just water or add your favorite juice for extra flavor.”
“pH-Balancing: Processed and fatty foods, environmental pollutants, and even stress can all contribute to high levels of acidity within the body. The natural blend of ingredients in “Greens On The Go”, including an acidity-fighting combination of magnesium and potassium, is designed to alkalize the body and restore pH-balance, helping to boost the immune system and support overall health and wellness.”*
“Probiotic Support: A healthy digestive system is crucial to keeping the body balanced by adequately removing toxins and wastes. “Green On The Go” includes a cutting-edge probiotic to help the body maintain an optimal balance of healthy bacteria in the digestive tract, helping to keep your digestive system regular and maximizing nutrient absorption within the body.”*
“Detoxifying: With an herbal blend that delivers the equivalent of 8+ serving of fruits and vegetables in each packet. “Greens On The Go” helps the body to detoxify naturally to cleanse and balance for a healthier you.”*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Why is magnesium and potassium important for alkalizing the body?
“All fresh fruit and vegetables have important alkalizing benefits, but a diet of those highest in potassium is best for maintaining an alkaline, pH balanced body. Each serving of Greens™ provides 260 mg of potassium in the form of potassium citrate, the strongest alkalizing agent found in citrus fruit. An acidic body is not only low in potassium, but likely low in magnesium as well, as magnesium is important for regulating your body’s potassium levels. When your body is unbalanced and overly acidic, it tries to counteract that acidity by releasing calcium and magnesium from the bones to promote an alkaline pH, which can lead to a magnesium deficiency within the body. Greens™ alkalizing blend of potassium and magnesium helps to restore adequate supplies of both of these vital minerals that your body needs to maintain a healthy pH balance” (source)
Am I eating a highly acidic foods?
I was really shocked the first time I saw an acidic/alkaline food chart. Before I started eating clean, 99% of everything I ate was on the acidic food list….lots of high carb foods and hardly any fresh fruits and vegetables.
Now that I’ve cleaned up my diet, the majority of my foods come from the alkaline list, with a small handful of healthy foods from the acidic list.
The important thing to remember is it’s all about BALANCE. You should just try to eat more alkaline foods than acidic each day.
A guideline I found here states:
- To restore health: 80% alkaline / 20% acidic
- To maintain health: 60% alkaline / 40% acidic
If you are eating mostly acid foods or your ratios are even reversed from the ones listed above, it would be good idea to try to focus on increasing your alkaline foods, or using a supplement like “Greens On The Go” to assist you in a transition.
How do I know which foods I need to eat?
Here’s a list of some common acidic foods:
- Acidifying Vegetables: corn, lentils, olives, winter squash
- Acidifying Fruits: canned or glazed fruits, cranberries, currents, plums**, prunes**
- Acidifying Grains, Grain Products: amaranth, barley, bran (oat), bran (wheat), bread, corn, cornstarch, crackers (soda), flour (wheat), flour (white), hemp seed flour, kamut, macaroni, noodles, oatmeal, oats (rolled), quinoa, rice (all), rice cakes, rye, spaghetti, spelt, wheat germ, wheat
- Acidifying Beans & Legumes: almond milk, black beans, chickpeas, green peas, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, red beans, rice milk, soy beans, soy milk, white beans,
- Acidifying Dairy: butter, cheese, cheese (processed), ice cream, ice milk
- Acidifying Nuts & Butters: cashews, legumes, peanut butter, peanuts, pecans, tahini, walnuts
- Acidifying Animal Protein: bacon, beef, carp, clams, cod, corned beef, fish, haddock, lamb, lobster, mussels, organ meats, oyster, pike, pork, rabbit, salmon, sardines, sausage, scallops, shellfish, shrimp, tuna, turkey, veal, venison
- Acidifying Fats & Oils: avocado oil, butter, canola oil, corn oil, flax oil, hemp seed oil, lard, olive oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil
- Acidifying Sweeteners: carob, corn syrup, sugar
- Acidifying Alcohol: beer, hard liquor, spirits, wine
- Acidifying Other Foods: ketchup, cocoa, coffee, mustard, pepper, soft drinks, vinegar
- Acidifying Drugs & Chemicals: aspirin, chemicals, drugs( medicinal) drugs (psychedelic), herbicides, pesticides, tobacco
- Acidifying Junk Food: beer (pH 2.5), coca-cola pH 2), coffee (pH 4)
**these foods leave an alkaline ash but have an acidifying effect on the body.
Here’s a list of some common alkaline foods:
- Alkalizing Fruits: alfalfa, barley grass, beet greens, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chard greens, chlorella, collard greens, cucumber, dandelions, dulce, edible flowers, eggplant, fermented veggies, garlic, green beans, green peas, kale, kohlrabi, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, nightshade veggies, onions, parsnips, peas, peppers, pumpkin, radishes, rutabaga, sea veggies, spinach, spirulina, sprouts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, watercress, wheatgrass, wild greens
- Alkalizing Oriental Vegetables: daikon, dandelion root, kombu, maitake, nori, reishi, shitake, umeboshi, wakame
- Alkalizing Fruits: apple, apricot, avocado, banana, berries, blackberries, canteloupe, cherries (sour), coconut (fresh), currents, dates (dried), figs (dried), grapes, grapefruit, honeydew melon, lemon, lime, muskmelons, nectarine, orange, peach, pear, pineapple, raisins, raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, tangerine, tomato, tropical fruits, umeboshi plums, watermelon
- Alkalizing Protein: almonds, chestnuts, millet, tempeh (fermented), tofu (fermented), whey protein powder
- Alkalizing Sweeteners: stevia
- Alkalizing Spices & Seasonings: chili pepper, cinnamon, curry, ginger, herbs (all), miso, mustard, sea salt, tamari
- Alkalizing Other: alkaline antioxidant water, apple cider vinegar, bee pollen, fresh fruit juice, green juices, lecithin granules, mineral water, molasses (blackstrap), probiotic cultures, soured dairy products, veggie juices
Ok, so now that we know we all need to probably increase our alkaline foods in our diets, let’s get back to the “Greens On The Go”, which is designed to alkalize, balance and detoxify.
Magnesium – 12% dv
Potassium – 7% dv
Proprietary Blend (2,231 mg)
- soy lecithin (fermented/non-GMO)
- soy protein isolate (fermented/non-GMO)
- apple fiber
- barley grass**
- eleuthero root extract
- brown rice flour
- alfalfa leaf
- barley malt**
- beet juice powder
- royal jelly
- Bacillus coagulans (LactoSpore)
- milk thistle seed
- astragalus root extract
- green tea leaf extract
- Ginkgo biloba leaf extract
- bilberry extract
- aloe vera gel
Proprietary Blend (330 mg)
- black walnut leaf powder
- blackberry fruit
- blueberry fruit
- corn silk stylus
- dandelion leaf
- goldenseal herb (aerial parts)
- lemon grass
- marshmallow root
- meadowsweet herb (aerial parts)
- oat straw (aerial parts)
- papaya leaf
- pau d’arco bark
- plantain leaf
- red raspberry leaf
- rose hips
- rosemary leaf
- slippery elm bark
- strawberry fruit
- white willow bark
Other ingredients: natural flavors, malic acid, citric acid, stevia leaf extract and silica.
All ingredients are GMO-free.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**This is not a gluten-free product, and contains a small amount of gluten.
Where to Buy: You can purchase itWorks! “Greens On The Go” or any other of the many products that itWorks! offers by clicking here.