Enjoy my Adapted Version of the original "Green Dragon Dressing" by Truth Calkins. This easy and healthy plant-based recipe can be prepared in under 10 minutes and is perfect for your favorite veggies or salad.
Adapted Version of "Green Dragon Dressing"
Here's why this recipe works - my top 3 reasons:
- It's an affordable version of the original recipe
- Ready in under 10 minutes
- Made with clean, real food ingredients
It's An Affordable Version Of The Original Recipe
I really, really, really wanted to make the original "Green Dragon Dressing" by Truth Calkins...truly I did.
Numerous times I watched his video about how to make it and because it had so many nutrient-dense ingredients, I knew I couldn't pass it up.
It's hard to not be amazed by his extensive knowledge of nutrients and superfoods. I heart Truth Calkins!
But I just couldn't afford to buy all the ingredients for the original recipe.
Here's a list of the superfood ingredients that are missing from the original recipe:
- Longevity Superfoods Chlorella Powder 250 grams - $23.97
- Synergy Company Klamath Blue Green Algae Crystals - $54.97
- UMAC Liquid Marine Phytoplankton - $39.97
- Omica Organics Super Ionic Fulvic Acid - $31.97
- David Wolfe Foods Raw Unfiltered Olive Oil - $49.97
- Longevity Superfoods Ashitaba Extract - $58.26
Since I still wanted the nutritional benefits, I adapted his recipe using the easy-to-find core ingredients from the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Ready In Under 10 Minutes
You can have this recipe ready to use on your favorite plant-based salad in under 10 minutes.
Simply add all the ingredients to a Vitamix, blend everything together, and it's ready to go!
Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
The foundation of the recipe was relatively inexpensive and still very nutritious and healthy even without the added expensive superfoods.
I took the basic ingredients, which you probably already have on hand, and made a few substitutions to keep the recipe 100% vegan and gluten-free.
For example, I used cilantro, avocado oil, onions, jalapeno, gluten-free tamari, apple cider vinegar, and Medjool dates.
Here is a description of Truth Calkins "Green Dragon Dressing":
- Taste: Spicy, hot, salty, tangy, with a touch of sweet
- Suggested Usage: Add on top of cooked veggies, quinoa, salad, or just about anything else!
It's green, creamy, a little tangy, with a hint of sweetness and a hint of the tamari and is s a perfect blend of flavors.
I have never tried the original version to be able to compare the two, but this adapted version was really, really good!
How To Make The Adapted Version of "Green Dragon Dressing": Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe with step-by-step instructions below.
It's really quick and easy to make in a Vitamix and only takes a matter of minutes.
In addition, you really should watch the two quick videos below if you can - it has a lot of good information on them:
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For The Adapted Version of "Green Dragon Dressing"
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Avocado Oil. I made this substitution, but you can also use organic extra-virgin olive oil which is what was used in the original recipe.
Medjool Dates. To keep this recipe 100% vegan, I substituted the raw honey from the original recipe with (2) organic Medjool dates.
Tamari. To keep this recipe 100% gluten-free, I substituted regular tamari with Organic Gluten-Free Tamari.
Apple Cider Vinegar. It's important that you use apple cider vinegar that is unpasteurized and has "the mother" to get the best benefits. I used the same brand Truth recommends Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
Separation. Don't worry if the dressing separates - it's normal. I just shake mine up before serving and it's good to go.
Adapted Version of “Green Dragon Dressing”
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic jalapeno
- 1 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup organic gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 1/2 cup organic flaxseed oil
- 2 organic Medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon organic spirulina powder
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
- Shake or stir before using as the sauce will separate.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.