These Gluten-Free Vegan Rosemary and Garlic White Sweet Potato Medallions are little bite-sized rounds that are a healthy plant-based side dish or snack. This recipe is made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients and they're ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Uses "White" Sweet Potatoes Instead Of Orange
- Quick And Easy Side Dish Or Snack
- Made With Only 5 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, lectin-free, and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 1: Prepare the Sweet Potatoes
Firstly, wash and dry the sweet potatoes and then cut off the end of the top and bottom.
Slice the sweet potato into thin slices - not too thin and not too thick - and set aside.
You should be able to get about 50-60 slices from (2) large white sweet potatoes.
Step 2: Prepare the Seasoning
Secondly, add all the ingredients for the seasoning to a small mixing bowl.
Stir together until all ingredients are well combined.
Step 3: Assemble
Thirdly, add the sliced sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
Add the avocado oil and toss with the sweet potatoes until all pieces are covered.
Next, sprinkle the seasoning over the sweet potatoes and gently toss again until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
Step 4: Bake the Sweet Potato Medallions
Lastly, spread the sliced sweet potatoes evenly onto the prepared cooking sheet, making sure they don't overlap.
Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until they are completely cooked and are slightly golden on top.
They are best when served hot from the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A "White" Sweet Potato?
Did you know there is such a thing as "white" sweet potatoes?
Yes, it's true!
The outside looks like a regular sweet potato but the insides are white, like a white potato.
To me, they taste a lot like a sweet potato, but slightly less sweet.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
White Sweet Potatoes. These look like regular sweet potatoes on the outside but are white on the inside. Make sure when you buy them, they are labeled "white sweet potatoes".
- When slicing them, it's important to cut them about 1/4-inch thick
- If they are sliced too thin, they will burn easily
- If they are sliced too thick, they will not cook all the way through or take longer to cook.
If you can't find "white" sweet potatoes, you can also use regular orange sweet potatoes or "yams".
Avocado Oil. This can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil.
Dried Rosemary. You can use fresh organic rosemary if you prefer, in the same amount.
Garlic Powder. This can be substituted with 1-2 organic garlic cloves, freshly crushed.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Sweet Potato Recipes?
Check out these:
- Sweet Potato and Cilantro Dip
- Cilantro Pesto Sweet Potato Salad
- Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Toast with Spicy Guacamole
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Rosemary and Garlic White Sweet Potato Medallions
For the sweet potatoes:
- 2 large organic white sweet potatoes (50 - 60 slices)
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon organic dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the sweet potatoes:
- Wash and dry the potatoes then cut off the end of the top and bottom.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin slices, about 1/4-inch thick. You want to make sure they are not too thin and not too thick. You should be able to get about 50-60 slices from (2) large sweet potatoes.
- Set aside while you prepare the seasoning.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all ingredients for the seasoning to a small mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and toss with the avocado oil until all pieces are covered.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the sweet potatoes and gently toss again until it's evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Spread the potato slices onto the prepared cookie sheet making sure they do not overlap.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until they are completely cooked and are slightly golden on top.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.