You may be wondering why my Rosemary and Garlic Sweet Potato Medallions in the photo do not look like sweet potatoes.
I know it looks sketchy, but here’s the story.
I’ve made these so many times I don’t know why I never photographed and shared them until now.
But that’s where it all started, when I decided to buy sweet potatoes at the spur of the moment.
On rare occasions, I run into the grocery store without a list and just start grabbing what I can remember I need.
Well it just so happened that the day I bought these “sweet potatoes”, I saw them, made sure they were organic, grabbed them, and brought them home (after paying for them, of course!)
I had to do a double-take after I started slicing them to make sure I didn’t mistakenly started slicing a white potato.
Apparently, there is such a thing as “white” sweet potatoes.
The outside looks like a regular sweet potato and to me they taste like a regular sweet potato…but the insides are white.
So while I wanted to showcase the original “orange” sweet potato, these taste the same, but just look different.
Want more healthy side dish recipes? Check out Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potato, Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes, Acorn Squash Rings with Walnuts and Dried Apricots or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating side dish recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Sweet Potatoes:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- contains 2 g of vegan protein
- contains 4 g of fiber
- high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and vitamin B6
- excellent source of potassium, copper and manganese
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Rosemary:*
- can help improve memory
- contains anti-microbial properties to help fight infections
- good source of dietary fiber
- rich in B vitamins
- excellent source of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- high concentration of anti-oxidants
- contains 21 trace minerals
- contains 18 amino acids
- high in essential fatty acids
- contains 13% more protein than whole wheat
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.