This Lectin-Free and Gluten-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto Sweet Potato Salad is a healthy and easy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients and is ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes!
I posted my Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto recipe a couple of weeks ago and if you haven't had a chance to try it yet, this is a good recipe to use it with.
I've been trying to eat sweet potatoes and cilantro as often as I can because they are recommended as a thyroid healing food in the book by Anthony William, Medical Medium: Thyroid Healing* and this recipe incorporates both.
It's really simple to make...while your cubed sweet potatoes are baking in the oven, you can make the Cilantro Pesto in a Vitamix in under 5 minutes and have it waiting to toss over the sweet potato cubes.
I normally just enjoy it plain (sweet potatoes + cilantro pesto), but you could also sprinkle organic hemp seeds on top to add a little protein.
This healthy recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy side dish recipes? Check out Vegan Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes with Habanero and Basil Pesto, Spicy Turmeric Baked Potatoes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of over 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Sweet Potatoes:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- contains 2 g of vegan protein
- contains 4 g of fiber
- high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and vitamin B6
- excellent source of potassium, copper and manganese
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Pine Nuts:*
- great source of iron
- contains protein and magnesium
- high in anti-oxidants
- good as an appetite suppressant
- good source of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*Medical Medium Tips: Omit the nutritional yeast and substitute the apple cider vinegar with lemon juice.
Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto Sweet Potato Salad
Yield 2 cups
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly
For the sweet potatoes:
- 2 cups organic cubed sweet potatoes
- 1-2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 pinches organic ground black pepper
For the cilantro pesto:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the sweet potatoes:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small cubes. You will need 2 cups for this recipe.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 1-2 pinches of Himalayan pink salt and organic ground pepper evenly over the sweet potato cubes.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until they are soft.
Prepare the cilantro pesto:
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, add all ingredients (liquids first) to a Vitamix and blend until it's well combined, using the tamper if needed.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Set aside.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto Sweet Potato Salad" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.