This post has been updated October 1, 2016 as part of the “5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market ” campaign highlighting high-quality ingredients from my recent Whole Foods Market shopping trip.
This Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili is part of the “5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market” theme highlighting recipes made with organic, high-quality groceries using Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value brand ingredients and Whole Foods Market fresh, responsibly grown, local and Whole Trade produce. Check out all the details of my shopping trip here.
If you’ve never shopped at Whole Foods Market before, or purchased their 365 Everyday Value brand, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and value. You can be assured when you buy 365 Everyday Value brand foods they will not contain high-fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated fats and no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners.
Make sure you check out the other 4 dinner recipes you can make with high-quality ingredients at great prices from Whole Foods Market:
- Vegan Spicy Chickpea and Mango Wraps
- Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Blueberry and Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Whole Foods Market has thousands of items on sale every day! Don’t forget to download the Whole Foods Market app and subscribe to the Whole Foods Market newsletter for sales and digital coupons.
This Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili, which is part of the “5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market” theme, is a perfect meal to serve for dinner on those chilly nights or when you need dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
I have another good chili recipe on my website, Chipotle Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili and another really good one called “Spicy Habanero Chili” which can be found in my Clean Eating Cookbook.
But this one is a little different from both of those.
The star of this recipe is the smoked paprika, which gives it a deep, smoky flavor that pairs really well with the black beans.
You only need one pot to make this recipe, the ingredient list is pretty simple and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
Make it even more nutritious by topping it with diced avocados for some healthy fat or even spice it up with sliced fresh jalapenos.
This is a healthy meal made with whole food ingredients and it’s organic, vegan and gluten-free.
Want more healthy meal and entrée recipes? Check out Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup, Creamy Vegan Vegetable Minestrone Soup, Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes just like this one that you will love!
Tip #2: I used “smoked” paprika in this recipe instead of regular paprika, but if you don’t have “smoked”, you can still use regular. It just won’t have the distinct smoky flavor from the “smoked” variety.
Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili
Yield 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free
- 2 cups organic onion (diced)
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 cups organic red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cups organic tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons organic fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cans 365 Everyday Value organic black beans (15 ounce can, drained)
- 2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value organic ground smoked paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value organic ground cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value organic ground chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Optional Toppings: organic avocado, organic jalapeno, organic fresh cilantro
- Prepare the veggies: dice the onion, bell pepper and tomato; chop the cilantro
- Add the avocado oil, garlic and onions to a large skillet and saute on medium/high heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes and bell peppers, chopped cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika, Himalayan salt and black beans (entire can, drained).
- Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes and bell peppers are soft. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Optional: top with diced avocados, sliced fresh jalapenos, chopped cilantro, etc.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Whole Foods Market. I was provided ingredients to make the recipes in this post and was compensated for my time. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that make this website possible!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!