This Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili is an easy and healthy plant-based recipe. It's a one-pot meal that can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights!
This is a Sponsored Post by Whole Foods Market.
This post has been updated October 1, 2016 as part of the "5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market " campaign highlighting high-quality ingredients from my recent Whole Foods Market shopping trip.
This Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili is part of the “5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market" theme highlighting recipes made with organic, high-quality groceries using Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value brand ingredients and Whole Foods Market fresh, responsibly grown, local and Whole Trade produce. Check out all the details of my shopping trip here.
If you’ve never shopped at Whole Foods Market before or purchased their 365 Everyday Value brand, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and value. You can be assured when you buy 365 Everyday Value brand foods they will not contain high-fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated fats, and no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners.
Make sure you check out the other 4 dinner recipes you can make with high-quality ingredients at great prices from Whole Foods Market:
- Vegan Spicy Chickpea and Mango Wraps
- Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Blueberry and Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Whole Foods Market has thousands of items on sale every day! Don't forget to download the Whole Foods Market app and subscribe to the Whole Foods Market newsletter for sales and digital coupons.
This Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili, which is part of the "5 Affordable Weeknight Dinners from Whole Foods Market" theme, is a perfect meal to serve for dinner on those chilly nights or when you need dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
I have another good chili recipe on my website, Chipotle Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili, and another really good one called "Spicy Habanero Chili" which can be found in my CLEAN EATING Cookbook.
But this one is a little different from both of those.
The star of this recipe is the smoked paprika, which gives it a deep, smoky flavor that pairs really well with the black beans.
You only need one pot to make this recipe, the ingredient list is pretty simple and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
Make it even more nutritious by topping it with diced avocados for some healthy fat or even spice it up with sliced fresh jalapenos.
This is a healthy meal made with whole food ingredients and it's organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, and Medical Medium® compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips and Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Avocado Oil: Can be substituted with organic olive oil.
Smoked Paprika: I used "smoked" paprika in this recipe instead of regular paprika, but if you don't have "smoked" you can still use regular paprika. It just won't have the distinct smoky flavor from the "smoked" variety.
Onions: Any variety of onions will work, however, I do not recommend a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Black Beans: Make sure you buy organic black beans in a BPA-free can for the healthiest option.
Tomatoes: Fresh tomatoes are always best, but if you are in a hurry or don't have fresh tomatoes on hand, you can substitute them with organic canned tomatoes in a BPA-free can or glass jar.
Seasoning: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste preference.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Soup Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Creamy Vegan Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili
- 6-Quart Stockpot
For the saute':
- 2 cups organic onion (diced)
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
For the chili:
- 2 cups organic red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cups organic tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons organic fresh cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 2 cans 365 Everyday Value organic black beans (15-ounce BPA-free can, drained)
- 2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value organic ground smoked paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value organic ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- organic avocado, organic jalapeno, organic fresh cilantro
Prep the veggies:
- Prepare the veggies: dice the onion, bell pepper, and tomato; chop the cilantro
Prepare the saute':
- Add the avocado oil, garlic, and onions to a large 6-quart stockpot/dutch-oven and saute' on medium/high heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Prepare the chili:
- Add the ingredients for the chili to the stockpot/dutch-oven with the sauteed veggies and stir until well combined.
- Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes and bell peppers are soft.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Optional: Top with diced avocados, sliced fresh jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro, etc.
- Store in an air-tight BPA container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Whole Foods Market. I was provided ingredients to make the recipes in this post and was compensated for my time. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that make this website possible!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.