Other than a banana, I normally don’t put fruit in my smoothies. I don’t really like my smoothies very sweet, but I had a bag of frozen organic strawberries in my freezer so I decided to add them with the banana to make a new protein smoothie.
This is the first time I made a smoothie using Homemade Almond Milk made with my Vitamix.
I had to leave my beloved boxed coconut milk behind when I found out it had questionable ingredients in it.
The almond milk was really good, but you could also use Homemade Coconut Milk if you prefer.
Hemp Oil is a regular addition to our smoothies because it has an ideal balance of Omega-3 to Omega 6 ratio which is 3:1. And hemp oil, unlike flax has Super Omega-3 (SDA) and Super Omega-6 (GLA) which can help to metabolize fat.
I think it has a pretty good blend of nutrients and is a nice change from a green smoothie!
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases libido, energy and stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and antioxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Raw Meal Replacement:
- contains 34 g of raw, vegan protein
- contains 13 raw organic sprouts
- contains 4 organic cereal grass juices
- contains 5 raw organic fruits
- contains spirulina and chlorella
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Oil:
- 7 g of omega-6 LA
- 2.5 g of omega-3 ALA
- 2 g of omega-9
- 500 mg omega-6 GLA
- 250 mg omega-3 SDA
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:
- high levels of tryptophan which helps combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:
- loaded with antioxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin c
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- regulates cholesterol
- regulates blood pressure
- high in antioxidants
- loaded with protein, calcium and fiber
- reduces the risk of heart disease
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door: