When I first started eating clean and healthier, this Creamy Raw Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding was one of the first raw, vegan dessert recipes I used to make.
However, over the years I’ve tweaked it a little and added something that just takes it over the moon!
While you can find 25,247 (just kidding!) chocolate pudding/mousse recipes on the internet using basically the same ingredients (avocados, chocolate and a sweetener), I changed mine up and added full-fat coconut milk.
The difference it makes is unbelievable!
It adds an entirely new layer of creaminess to it that makes it hard to believe it’s good for you, unlike highly processed pudding.
And the best part? You can make this recipe in about 5 minutes and all you have to do is put everything in a Vitamix, which will make it extra creamy and smooth, and it’s done. That’s it!
Here are the ingredients in a popular brand of traditional store-bought pudding cups:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Kraft Handi-Snacks Chocolate Pudding Cups Ingredients:
Ingredients: Water, Milk Non-Fat, Sugar, Food Starch Modified, Vegetable(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated (Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Canola Oil Partially Hydrogenated), Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Contains Less Than 2% of Salt, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Flavor(s) Artificial
This healthier version is made with real, whole food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Pomegranate and Dried Blueberry Chocolate Bark, Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, Flourless Zucchini Brownies or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Nectar:*
- organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free
- good source of 17 amino acids
- nearly neutral pH
- high in B vitamins
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Coconut:*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I like to use organic raw coconut nectar, since it is low-glycemic and does not give the recipe an overly sweet taste, but feel free to use your favorite liquid sweetener like organic maple syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic date nectar (lectin-free), etc. if you want a sweeter pudding.
Creamy Raw Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Yield 3 cups
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Soy-Free / No-Cook / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- 4 organic avocados (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic raw coconut nectar*
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
*Lectin-Free: substitute with organic date nectar
Advanced preparation: Put the can of coconut milk in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the freezer. After opening the can, remove only the hardened part on the top half of the can (coconut fat) and save the liquid part on the bottom of the can to make a smoothie. Do not add the entire can of coconut milk or the liquid part to the recipe.
- Add the hardened part of the coconut milk with the remaining ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately or transfer the mixture to an air-tight BPA-free container to chill it in the refrigerator before serving.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Creamy Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!