This Pomegranate and Dried Blueberry Chocolate Bark is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 5 clean ingredients. It's the perfect no-bake plant-based dessert that's made with both fresh and dried fruit and can be prepared in under 10 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's A No-Bake Plant-Based Dessert
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, oil-free, no-bake, no refined sugars, and paleo-friendly.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Pomegranate Seeds: Make sure they don't have any excess juice on them and are as dry as possible before adding them to the melted chocolate.
Dried Blueberries: You can use either dried cultivated blueberries or dried wild blueberries, whichever you prefer.
Chocolate Chips: Since the chocolate chips will be melted, you can use either standard-size chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Vanilla Bean Powder: I like to use vanilla bean powder in my no-bake desserts since it does not contain alcohol which will not evaporate as it does in baked goods, but you can always substitute with organic pure vanilla extract.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (10) individual pieces of chocolate bark. Nutritional information is for (1) piece which is (1) serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This A Healthy Recipe?
In my opinion, yes!
Here's the ingredient list for a store-bought pomegranate chocolate bar:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Hershey's Extra Dark Pomegranate Chocolate Ingredients: Chocolate Semisweet (Chocolate, Sugar, Cocoa, Milkfat, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Milk), Fruit Juice Concentrates (Pomegranate Juice Concentrate, Cranberry Juice Concentrate, Apple Juice Concentrate, Pineapple Juice Concentrate).
It has the typical GMO ingredients in processed chocolate...dairy, soy lecithin, and refined sugar. And, it doesn't even have real pomegranate seeds, just "juice concentrate".
My healthier recipe is made with healthier ingredients and real fruit making it a better option.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Raw Snickers Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cups with Pistachios and Goji Berries
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Pomegranate and Dried Blueberry Chocolate Bark
For the chocolate:
- 1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
For the add-ins:
- 1/2 cup organic pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup organic dried blueberries
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the chocolate:
- Add all ingredients for the chocolate to a small saucepan and melt on the lowest heat, stirring the entire time and taking care to not let it burn.
Add the add-ins:
- Add the pomegranate seed and dried blueberry add-ins to the melted chocolate and gently stir in until they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared cookie sheet and spread it out evenly into an 8 x 12 square shape.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, break it into individual size pieces.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the freezer until ready to serve because the bark will melt if left out at room temperature.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.