Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Cook Broccoli Balls are an easy and healthy recipe to make with only 7 clean, real food ingredients and they’re ready in about 10 minutes!
Today, I have for you an easy, clean eating, raw food recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Raw Broccoli Balls that is so easy to make and it’s also a great way to let your little ones help – especially making the balls!
I also have another healthy vegetable ball recipe that’s really good too…my Clean Eating Vegan Sweet Potato and Pecan Balls, which are perfect during the holiday season.
But this Raw Broccoli Balls recipe would make a great side dish for a family meal, appetizer for a party or a super healthy snack.
Can I Bake these Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Broccoli Balls?
The great thing about this recipe is you can make them two different ways:
- You can make them and roll them into bite size balls, and because they are raw, enjoy them immediately. They have a softer and moister texture, but are delicious!
- You can put them in a dehydrator if you prefer a little crispier texture.
Are These Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Broccoli Balls Keto?
Yes! This recipe is keto-friendly with approximately 5 net carbs per ball and they are fine to enjoy in moderation.
Are These Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Broccoli Balls Healthy?
In my opinion, yes!
Let’s compare the ingredients in this recipe with traditional broccoli balls that usually have dairy and/or meat in them:
Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Broccoli Ball Ingredients: organic broccoli, organic raw cashews, organic onion, organic garlic, organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic jalapeno, nutritional yeast, Himalayan pink salt
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Parmesan Broccoli Balls Ingredients: broccoli, Parmesan cheese, eggs, butter or margarine, sausage or ground meat, onions, salt, pepper
This healthier version is made with clean, real food ingredients and is not only raw, but vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, keto-friendly, paleo-friendly and made with Medical Medium healing food ingredients.
Want more healthy snack recipes?
Make sure you check out:
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce
- Spicy Red Pepper and Spinach Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Rosemary and Garlic Sweet Potato Medallions
- My Clean Eating Cookbook with healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
Does this Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Cook Broccoli Ball Recipe have Medical Medium Healing Food Ingredients?
Yes! This recipe contains 4 clean ingredients that are part of the Medical Medium healing foods list:
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Cook Broccoli Balls?
5 Fast Facts About Broccoli:*
- powerful antioxidants
- more calcium than dairy products
- high in beta-carotene
- helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
- excellent detoxifier
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich in healthy sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduces blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart healthy” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of mineral
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent antioxidant
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable ph balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in antioxidants
- improves blood mineralization and calcification
- excellent for heart health
- anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- anti-bacterial, analgesic and anesthetizing properties
- lowers cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in Vitamins A & C and Bioflavinoids
- anti-bacterial properties
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Cook Broccoli Balls:
This is a really simple recipe to make (and your kids will love to help too!) and all you need is a food processor!
- Prepare the broccoli: The first thing you’ll need to do is de-stem your broccoli and cut it into bite-size pieces. You don’t have to get too crazy with this step because it’s all going into the food processor but it will make it easier to process if the pieces are small.
- Process #1: Here you’ll add the broccoli pieces and the cashews to the food processor and process until they are broken down into small pieces, but take care not to over process.
- Process #2: Next, you’ll add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and instead of processing them, this time you will pulse them about 30-40 times. You want to the mixture to have a paste-like consistency.
- Adjust the seasonings: Take a taste of the mixture and see if you want to add a little extra salt, garlic, nutritional yeast or jalapeno. If you don’t like spicy or will be serving these to children, you may want to leave out the jalapenos.
- Make the balls: Take out a spoonful of the mixture at a time and squeeze it together tightly in your fist and then shape them into a round ball shape with your fingertips.
- Dehydrator Option: If you decide to dehydrate the broccoli balls, just put them on a mesh tray and dehydrate them at 115 degrees for 10-12 hours, or until slightly “crispy” on the outsides. The difference between the two? The dehydrated ones will have more of a drier texture and will be slightly “crispier” and won’t be as moist and sticky as the non-dehydrated ones. They also won’t have the same bright green color, but are still raw and delicious!
- Storage: Store the balls in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.