This Gluten-Free Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup is a one-pot meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes and made with clean ingredients.
I used to not be a big fan of mushrooms, but for some reason, I love them now!
I've already shared a couple of mushroom soup/sauce recipes, but this one is a little different because the mushrooms are sliced and diced instead of being blended. So there are pieces of soft mushrooms in each bite. Yum!
If you like the ~taste~ of mushrooms, but don't like the texture, you may want to try Raw Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup, Creamy Mushroom Sauce or even Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe, where the mushrooms are blended in a Vitamix so the flavor is there but not the texture.
And if you~do~ like the texture of mushrooms, you will love this recipe and you may want to try Cheesy Sprouted Brown Rice with Baby Spinach and Mushrooms, Portobello Mushroom Pave with White Asparagus Vinaigrette or an older recipe, Vegan Mushroom Lasagna.
Store-bought mushroom soup contains many unhealthy ingredients:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup:
Ingredients: Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn Cottonseed, Canola and/or Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Monosodium Glutamate, Soy Protein Concentrate, Dehydrated Cream (Cream [Milk], Soy Lecithin), Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Dehydrated Garlic
It's a can containing of GMO's (canola, soy) and is not vegan or gluten-free.
This healthier version is made with clean ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, lectin-free, alkaline and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy soup recipes? Check out Creamy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup, Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup, Vegan Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 140 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:*
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- natural source of vitamin D
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / Lectin-Free / Alkaline / Paleo-Friendly
- 1 cup organic shitake mushrooms (sliced or diced)
- 1 cup organic baby bella mushrooms (sliced or diced)
- 1/2 cup organic red onions (diced)
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
- 1 organic garlic clove (freshly crushed)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried thyme
- Add the following to a medium-size sauce pan: avocado oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic, Himalayan pink salt, black pepper, dried thyme.
- Saute on medium-high heat for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the veggie broth, coconut milk and coconut aminos and stir in. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: garnish with extra sliced mushrooms, ground black pepper or chopped green onions.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No-Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
This was delicious! I am staying away from grains and trying a low pectin diet for autoimmune reasons and this soup was perfect! I added a splash of fresh lime juice for a little zip;) thank you for sharing this recipe!
Hi there Kelley! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe! I love the addition of a touch of lime juice to it...what a great idea!
Thank you for trying out my recipe and for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed it, I really appreciate it 🙂