These Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers made with almond flour are so delicious and really easy to make!
They’re made without white flour, eggs or butter and all you have to do to make them is add the simple ingredients to a bowl, stir them together, then roll the mixture out and cut them into small squares.
The only thing better than eating these rustic, bite-size crackers is the amazing aroma of thyme that will fill your kitchen while they are baking.
Traditional homemade crackers can contain flour, butter and eggs and store-bought crackers can have a long list of ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Keebler Crackers Townhouse Garlic and Herb
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Vitamin B1 [Thiamin Mononitrate], Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin], Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Canola Oil, with: TBHQ for Freshness), Sugar, Cornstarch, Contains Two Percent or Less of Salt, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Parsley, Garlic, Soy Lecithin
I’m not surprised that they have GMO soy and canola oil, GMO cornstarch and GMO soy lecithin, but can’t understand why crackers would need refined white sugar and GMO high fructose corn syrup added in?
This healthier version has a clean, simple ingredient list and is vegan, gluten-free, flourless, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, lectin-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out my Vegan Oven-Baked Chipotle Jicama Fries with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Avocado Fries, Raw Vegan Habanero Pepper Crackers or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy and clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Thyme:*
- can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- 2 tablespoons provide 10% dv of vitamin C
- 2 tablespoons provide 3% dv of fiber
- 2 tablespoons provide 5% dv of iron
- provides excellent antioxidant benefits
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers
Yield 60 small crackers
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Flourless / Grain-Free / Egg-Free / Lectin-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon 100% organic pure avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon organic ground flax + 3 tablespoons filtered/purified water)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the flax egg:
- Add all the ingredients for the flax egg to a small bowl and whisk until it's well combined. Set aside.
Prepare the crackers:
- Add all the ingredients for the crackers to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg than add it to the bowl with the cracker mixture and stir until well combined. Use a fork to mash the flax egg and avocado oil into the almond flour to make sure the almond flour is moist. The mixture should be crumbly but moist.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into a compact ball shape, squeezing it together tightly until it holds together well.
- Once you have a ball shape, place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough ball and roll it out flat with a rolling pin into a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the dough into small 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch squares. Don't cut them any bigger because they will not hold together well. Remove the scraps and any crumbs from the bottom piece of the parchment paper before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until the edges and tops are slightly golden. Flip the crackers over and bake an additional 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn them.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!