These Lectin-Free Vegan Spicy Turmeric Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries are a healthy snack or side dish that everyone will love!
I’ve been eating a sweet potato, in one form or another, every day as part of a thyroid healing program from Andrew William’s book: Medical Medium: Thyroid Healing.
Some of my favorite ways to enjoy a sweet potato is this Sweet Potato Hummus recipe (which I can eat just by itself!), a baked sweet potato drizzled with a lime + tahini dressing sprinkled with hemp seeds and these oven-baked spicy turmeric sweet potato fries.
Because they are spicy, they go great with the cool and tangy Lemon Dill Avocado Dressing from my last post (also shown in the photo above)…so you have to make them both! 🙂
This is a really simple recipe to make and the hardest part is just peeling and cutting up the sweet potato. All you have to do after that is toss the sweet potato fries with a little avocado oil and the seasonings and then bake them in the oven.
They are ~so~ good!
This healthier recipe is made with clean, whole food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Fried Pickles, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Avocado Fries or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Sweet Potatoes:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- contains 2 g of vegan protein
- contains 4 g of fiber
- high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and vitamin B6
- excellent source of potassium, copper and manganese
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric:*
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibits cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan Spicy Turmeric Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Yield 50 - 60 fries
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Nut-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
For the seasoning:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the sweet potato:
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato. Cut the ends off then slice it down the middle from top to bottom.
- Cut the potato into long "french fry" pieces. You should have approximately 50-60 from a large sweet potato.
- Add the cut sweet potato pieces to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado oil and toss the sweet potatoes until the avocado oil is evenly distributed and all pieces are covered.
- Add each of the ingredients for the seasoning to the bowl of cut sweet potatoes one at a time (and adding the nutritional yeast last) and toss each time making sure the seasonings are evenly distributed and all pieces are covered before adding the next seasoning.
- Adjust the amount of seasonings to your preference.
- Place the seasoned sweet potato pieces to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip over all the fries and return the pan to the oven for approximately 5-10 more minutes. Oven times will vary, but you want them to be slightly crisp and take care not to burn them.
- Best served hot from the oven.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Spicy Turmeric Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!