These Gluten-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers are an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect plant-based snack that's ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- They're A Healthy and Savory Snack
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
I love making gluten-free crackers when I want something "non-sweet" to snack on like these Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Pumpkin Spice Crackers with Sea Salt and these Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers.
However, I changed these up a little by adding organic ground turmeric, freshly ground black peppercorns, and organic sesame seeds to give them a little crunch.
It takes less than 10 minutes to mix them up, roll out the dough, cut it into squares and have them ready to put in the oven.
My healthy plant-based snack recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, grain-free, flourless, lectin-free, keto-friendly (only 1 net carb per cracker!), paleo-friendly, and can be Medical Medium® compliant (with substitutions).
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Almond Flour: I have not tested the recipe using other gluten-free flour alternatives.
Nutritional Yeast: I added this ingredient to give the crackers a "cheesy" flavor, but you can omit it. In addition, nutritional yeast is not a Medical Medium® approved ingredient, so you will need to omit it if you need a 100% Medical Medium® compliant recipe.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, you can use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut flavor or smell and is what I used in this recipe.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Added Toppings: Even though the recipe has ground black pepper and Himalayan pink salt in it, I added a little extra fresh ground black peppercorns and fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt on the top before baking them, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
Thickness: I also like my crackers a little on the thicker side so just roll your dough out thinner if you want thinner crackers, but keep a close eye on them in the oven to make sure they don't burn.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Oven-Baked "Fried" Pickles
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Oven-Baked "Fried" Artichokes
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below..it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers
For the crackers:
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast*
- 1/2 cup organic hulled sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon water (filtered/purified) (add only if needed)
For the flax egg:
- 1 tablespoon organic ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water (filtered/purified)
For the toppings:
- Himalayan pink salt
- freshly ground organic black peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the flax egg:
- Add the ingredients for the flax egg to a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the cracker mixture.
Prepare the cracker mixture:
- Add all the ingredients for the cracker mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg and add it to the bowl with the cracker mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is well combined. The mixture should be slightly moist and crumbly. Add the (1) tablespoon of water, if needed, to make the mixture moist enough to hold together.
- Transfer the cracker mixture to the prepared cookie sheet.
- Gather the mixture up and form it into a ball shape, squeezing it tightly and compactly together.
- Use another piece of parchment paper to place on top of the ball of cracker mixture and flatten it down, so that the cracker mixture is in between the two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten it out to a square shape, approximately 7 x 11 inches.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and cut the dough into small squares using a pizza cutter or butter knife.
- Using a grinder, sprinkle fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground black peppercorn over the top of the crackers.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20-25 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, flip the crackers over and bake for an additional 5 minutes, again, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.