This Gluten-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers recipe is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. They’re egg-free and flourless and are ready in under 30 minutes!
These Lectin-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers and easy to make and are perfect when you need a healthy and savory snack.
I love making gluten-free crackers when I want something “non-sweet” to snack on like these Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Pumpkin Spice Crackers with Sea Salt and these Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers.
But I changed these up a little by adding organic ground turmeric, freshly ground black peppercorns and organic sesame seeds to give them a little crunch.
It only takes less than 10 minutes to mix them up, roll out the dough, cut it into squares and have them ready to put in the oven.
Even though the recipe has ground black pepper and Himalayan pink salt in it, I added a little extra fresh ground black peppercorns and fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt on the top before baking them, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
I also like my crackers a little on the thicker side so just roll your dough out thinner if you want thinner crackers, but keep a close eye on them in the oven to make sure they don’t burn.
This healthy snack recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, flourless, grain-free, soy-free, egg-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack and side dish recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked “Fried” Pickles, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked “Fried” Artichokes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric:*
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibits cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
5 Fast Facts About Sesame Seeds:*
- high in calcium at 35% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers
Yield 40-50 small crackers
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly
For the cracker mixture:
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon organic ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons filtered/purified water)
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the flax egg:
- Add the ingredients for the flax egg (ground flax seeds + water) to a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the cracker mixture.
Prepare the cracker mixture:
- Add all the remaining ingredients for the cracker mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg and add it to the bowl with the cracker mixture; stir everything together until it is well combined. The mixture should be slightly moist and crumbly.
- Transfer the cracker mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Gather the mixture up and form it into a ball shape, squeezing it tightly and compactly together.
- Use another piece of parchment paper to place on top of the ball of cracker mixture and flatten it down, so that the cracker mixture is in between to pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten it out to a square shape, approximately 7 x 11 in size.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and cut the dough into small squares using a pizza cutter or butter knife.
- Using a grinder, sprinkle fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground black peppercorn over the top of the crackers.
- Place the baking pan in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip the crackers over and bake for an additional 5 minutes, again, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!