These plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers are an easy and healthy snack recipe made with clean, real food ingredients and are ready in under 30 minutes. You'll love that they're vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, flourless, lectin-free, keto-friendly, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant!
These Lectin-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers and easy to make and are perfect when you need a healthy and savory snack.
Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers
I love making gluten-free crackers when I want something "non-sweet" to snack on like these Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Pumpkin Spice Crackers with Sea Salt and these Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers.
However, I changed these up a little by adding organic ground turmeric, freshly ground black peppercorns and organic sesame seeds to give them a little crunch.
It only takes less than 10 minutes to mix them up, roll out the dough, cut it into squares and have them ready to put in the oven.
This healthy plant-based snack recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, grain-free, flourless, lectin-free, keto-friendly (only 1 net carb per cracker!), paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant (with substitutions).
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions for Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers
Nutritional Yeast. I added this ingredient to give the crackers a "cheesy" flavor, but you can omit it. In addition, nutritional yeast is not a Medical Medium approved ingredient, so you would need to omit it if you need a 100% Medical Medium compliant recipe.
Coconut Oil. If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, you can use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut flavor or smell and is what I used in this recipe.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference but you can always use sea salt as a substitute.
Added Toppings. Even though the recipe has ground black pepper and Himalayan pink salt in it, I added a little extra fresh ground black peppercorns and fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt on the top before baking them, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
Thickness. I also like my crackers a little on the thicker side so just roll your dough out thinner if you want thinner crackers, but keep a close eye on them in the oven to make sure they don't burn.
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked "Fried" Pickles
- Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked "Fried" Artichokes
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Turmeric and Black Peppercorn Sesame Seed Crackers
For the crackers:
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup organic hulled sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
For the flax egg:
- 1 tablespoon organic ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water (filtered/purified)
For the toppings:
- Himalayan pink salt
- freshly ground organic black peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
Prepare the flax egg:
- Add the ingredients for the flax egg to a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the cracker mixture.
Prepare the cracker mixture:
- Add all the ingredients for the cracker mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg and add it to the bowl with the cracker mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is well combined. The mixture should be slightly moist and crumbly.
- Transfer the cracker mixture to the prepared cookie sheet.
- Gather the mixture up and form it into a ball shape, squeezing it tightly and compactly together.
- Use another piece of parchment paper to place on top of the ball of cracker mixture and flatten it down, so that the cracker mixture is in between to pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten it out to a square shape, approximately 7 x 11 in size.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and cut the dough into small squares using a pizza cutter or butter knife.
- Using a grinder, sprinkle fresh ground coarse Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground black peppercorn over the top of the crackers.
- Place the baking pan in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip the crackers over and bake for an additional 5 minutes, again, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.