If you like traditional “fried” pickles usually found as a restaurant appetizer, these Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked “Fried” Pickles will be your new best friend!
They are baked in the oven instead of fried and are made without eggs, oil or even milk and they’re gluten-free.
It’s another healthy oven-baked recipe I’ve made with my Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs, which takes less than 2 minutes to make.
Normally, I will dip the veggie I’m using (Oven-Baked Mushrooms, Oven-Baked Okra Bites, Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries, Oven-Baked Avocado Fries) in homemade almond milk, to give the bread crumbs something to stick to.
But since I used sliced pickles from a jar, they were already “wet” from the pickle juice so all you need to do is drain the pickles from the juice and then dip them in the bread crumb mixture before baking them the oven. That’s it!
I used the Whole Foods 365 Brand Organic “Bread + Butter” Sliced Pickle Chips, which have a sweet taste to them, but feel free to use your favorite brand or variety.
It takes 2 cups of sliced pickles to make this recipe and the entire batch was gone less than 5 minutes, that’s how good they are!
This healthier recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, oil-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out Vegan Cheesy Baked Kale Chips, Clean Eating Cinnamon Vanilla Apple Chips, Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cucumbers (Pickles):*
- helps the body to eliminate toxins
- promotes joint health
- aids in weight loss
- high source of vitamin B
- skins have 10% RDA of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked "Fried" Pickles
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Egg-Free / Oil-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 2 cups organic sliced "bread + butter" pickles
For the bread crumbs:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the bread crumbs:
- Add all ingredients for the bread crumbs to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Divide the bread crumb mixture into two bowls. Set aside.
Prepare the pickles:
- Measure out 2 cups of sliced pickles then pour them over a strainer to drain the juice.
- Divide the drained pickles into two bowls.
- Start an assembly line in the following order: a) small bowl with 1 cup of drained pickles b) small bowl with 1/2 the bread crumb mixture c) baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Dip the pickles individually into the bread crumb mixture, making sure both sides are completely covered, and place them on the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are spread out and not overlapping.
- Repeat Step 2 with the second bowl of drained pickles and other 1/2 of the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, flip each one over and place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Oven times may vary, but they should have a golden, slightly crispy texture.
- Best when served hot from the oven.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked "Fried" Pickles" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!