Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's Healthier Than Store-Bought - You have control over the ingredients used!
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes - It's a one-bowl recipe that can be prepared in just minutes.
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla bean powder, cinnamon powder, coconut sugar, and Himalayan pink salt.
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, contains no refined sugar, and is Medical Medium compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Oats: I used gluten-free quick rolled oats for this recipe, and haven't tested it using another type of oats.
Maple Syrup: You could also use organic date nectar, organic coconut nectar, or a sugar-free liquid sweetener if you'd like to make the recipe sugar-free.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Coconut Sugar: Could be substituted with another organic unrefined granular sweetener or even omitted if you prefer.
Vanilla Bean Powder: Can be substituted with organic pure vanilla extract or alcohol-free vanilla extract to keep the recipe 100% Medical Medium compliant.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Optional Add-In: I like to add sliced almonds, or even pecans, to give the granola a little extra crunch, but they are optional. The recipe would not be nut-free if they are used.
Storage: It's important to keep the granola in an air-tight container to keep it fresh.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (3) cups of granola. Nutritional information is calculated for 1/2 cup which is (1) serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This Healthier Than Buying Granola At The Store?
In my opinion, yes!
Store-bought granola can contain ingredients like these that aren't vegan or gluten-free:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Sunbelt Cinnamon and Raisins Granola Cereal Ingredients: Oats, Wheat Flakes, Brown Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Raisins, Rice Crisp (Rice, Salt, Barley Malt), Oat Flour, Almonds, Vegetable Shortening (Soybeans Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Cottonseed Oil), Coconut, Corn Starch, Milk Non-Dairy Dry, Barley Malt, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Polyglycerol Esters, Salt
Homemade is always better because you have control over the quality of ingredients used.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Granola Recipes?
Check out these:
- Coconut and Pecan Granola with Goji Berries
- Pumpkin and Spice Pecan Granola
- Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon Homemade Granola
- 3 cups organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla bean powder
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup organic sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the granola:
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined, using your hands if necessary to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared cookie sheet and spread it evenly across the pan, slightly packed tightly together but not completely spread out. Don't worry if all the granola is touching or if there are no spaces between the granola, you just want some of it to bake together so it will bake into large cluster pieces.
- Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes, or until crispy, taking care to not over bake and burn the granola.
- Cool completely before serving. It will harden and get crispier as it cools.
- After the granola has cooled, break it into pieces that you prefer, such as large chunks or loose granola.
- Store in an air tight, BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.