Today, I have for you a Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait that is 100% delicious!
Why make just plain, boring pumpkin ice cream when you can layer it with fudgy brownie crumbles?
The entire recipe can be made in about 30 minutes and the only equipment you need to make this dreamy dessert is an ice cream maker and a Vitamix.
You can actually make this with or without an ice cream maker (no-churn method), but I always make it with an ice cream maker because I love the soft-serve texture.
Once you get your ice cream in the machine, you can start on the brownies and they will both ready right about the same time.
While the pumpkin ice cream and brownies are each good by themselves, the combination together is amazing!
The entire recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugars.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Pomegranate and Dried Blueberry Chocolate Bark, Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin:*
- high in beta-carotene
- full of iron, zinc and vitamin C
- rich in anti-oxidants
- 246% RDA of vitamin C
- good source of B complex vitamins
5 Fast Facts About Coconut (Milk):*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cups contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Grain-Free / Flourless / Egg-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the ice cream:
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
- 1 can organic pumpkin (15 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon organic pumpkin spice
For the brownies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the brownies:
- Prepare the flax egg: Add the ground flax and purified/filtered water to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the brownies (including the flax egg) to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to an 8 x 8 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until they are fully baked. Allow to cool completely before using, they will firm up once they've cooled.
Prepare the ice cream:
- Add all ingredients for the ice cream to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth. Adjust the spices and/or sweetener to your preference.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and make according to your machines directions.
- Once the brownies have cooled off and the ice cream is ready to come out of the ice cream maker, add 1-2 tablespoons of crumbled brownies to the bottom of your serving bowl(s), then add 2-3 scoops of ice cream on top, then another 1-2 tablespoons of crumbled brownies, then another 2-3 tablespoons of ice cream.
- Garnish with crumbled brownies.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream and Brownies Parfait" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.