These cute bite-size Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Pecan Cream Mini Sandwich Cookies are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. They are the perfect plant-based no-bake dessert made with a dehydrator and without eggs, white flour, white sugar or oil!
How cute are these tiny sandwich cookies made with a creamy raw pecan filling?
I remember the very first raw cookies I made in my dehydrator many, many years ago.
It was a recipe that required them to stay in the dehydrator for 18-20 hours.
Now I don't know about you, but when I get a cookie craving, I usually need it FAST...not in 18-24 hours!
One thing I've learned since then is you have to prepare and plan ahead when making treats in the dehydrator, especially cookies.
The good news is these tasty, bite-sized raw cookies only need about 6-8 hours drying time.
And they are worth the wait because they are raw, vegan and flourless which means they are gluten-free too!
The original recipe was for "Raw Cacao Pecan Whoopie Pies" from Susan at Rawmazing.com, but mine ended up turning out a little different.
My lightly adapted version isn't really a "whoopie pie" cookie, but more like a mini sandwich creme cookie.
These cute plant-based cookies are raw, vegan, gluten-free, flourless, grain-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Water. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the cookie mixture if it is too dry to form into a ball shape and roll out. Start with (1) tablespoon and add an additional (1) tablespoon, if needed.
Oat Flour. If you don't have oat flour on hand, you can make your own with a Vitamix. For example, add the oats to your Vitamix, blend on HIGH speed until it is ground into a flour-type consistency.
Raw Cacao Powder. This can be substituted with regular cocoa powder, in the same amount.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Flourless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Chocolate Banana No-Bake Cheesecake
- Chocolate Fudge Truffles
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Creme Mini Sandwich Cookies
For the cookies:
- 2 cups organic oat flour
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic coconut butter
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
For the filling:
- 2 cups organic pecans
- 1/3 cup organic coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
Prepare the cookies:
- Add all ingredients for the cookies to a medium-size mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Transfer the cookie mixture to a flat surface and form it into a small ball.
- Cover the top of the ball with parchment paper and roll out into a disk shape about 1/4 inches thick.
- Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice, peel away the extra dough and repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Place the cookies on a non-stick dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 110 degrees for approximately 4 hours.
- Remove the cookies from the non-stick dehydrator sheet, flip them over and transfer them to a mesh dehydrator sheet and continue to dehydrate for approximately 2-4 hours. The cookies should be dry and a little softness should remain.
Prepare the filling:
- Add all ingredients for the filling to a food processor and process until everything is well combined.
- Spread the filling between to cookies to make a sandwich cookie.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container at all times. If they are exposed to moisture in the air they will get soft and lose their cookie texture.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.