This Gluten-Free Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 8 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based snack that can be made in a food processor and is ready in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 reasons:
- Change of pace from plain hummus
- Ready in under 5 minutes
- Made with only 8 clean, real food ingredients
Change Of Pace From Plain Hummus
Plain hummus is amazing....don't get me wrong. I could eat it ALL day!
But my sun-dried tomato hummus is a nice twist on my traditional classic hummus recipe.
For example, this version has tiny bits of tangy sun-dried tomatoes added in!
Ready In Under 5 Minutes
You can have this easy hummus recipe ready to enjoy in under 5 minutes.
Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until everything is well combined!
Made With Only 8 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
While the ultimate in nutrition would be to make it with raw sprouted chickpeas (see my Raw Sprouted Chickpea Hummus recipe), sometimes quick and easy is in order.
I happened to have two cans of organic garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) in my kitchen cabinet, as well as some organic sun-dried tomatoes leftover from the Raw Stuffed Kale Leaves with Mint Cashew Aioli recipe I made earlier this week, so this was the perfect combination.
It took about 5 minutes to make in my food processor and didn't take much longer than that for it to disappear.
One more thing I forgot - if you have children, you ~have~ to get these cute little stainless steel vegetable cutters for their veggies and fruits!
They are under $10.00 and come in a set of 12 and although they are really small, they're perfect for little hands.
I used them once to cut out shapes with bananas and when my boys ate them, their response was "Mmmm..these taste so good!"
And....they were just plain bananas. But I guess because they were cut out in a cute shape they somehow magically tasted better lol.
This healthy recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
Want More Plant-Based Dip Recipes?
Check out these:
- Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip
- Healthy Artichoke Dip
- Lectin-Free Vegan Basil Pesto Cauliflower Rice Dip
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
- 2 cans organic chickpeas (15-ounce cans, drained)
- 1 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 1/4 cup water (filtered/purified) (filtered/purified)
- 4 cloves organic garlic
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and/or garnish with extra chickpeas, if desired.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.