If you want a healthy vegan hummus recipe with a twist from the traditional classic version, here’s a nice Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus that’s really easy to make.
While the ultimate in nutrition would be to make it with raw sprouted chickpeas (see my Raw Sprouted Chickpea Hummus recipe), sometimes quick and easy is in order.
I happened to have two cans of organic garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) it my kitchen cabinet, as well as some organic sun-dried tomatoes left over from the Raw Stuffed Kale Leaves with Mint Cashew Aioli recipe I made earlier this week, so this was the perfect combination.
It took about 5 minutes to make in my food processor and didn’t take much longer than that for it to disappear.
One more thing I forgot. If you have children, you ~have~ to get these cute little stainless steel vegetable cutters for their veggies and fruits! They are under $10.00 and come in a set of 12. They are really small, but perfect for little hands.
I used them once to cut out shapes with bananas and when my boys ate them, their response was “Mmmm..these taste so good!” And….they were just plain bananas. But I guess because they were cut out in a cute shape they somehow magically tasted better lol.
This healthy recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
Want more healthy dip and dressing recipes? Check out Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip, Healthy Artichoke Dip, Lectin-Free Vegan Basil Pesto Cauliflower Rice Dip or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Chickpeas:*
- excellent source of fiber
- good source of vegan protein
- can help lower cholesterol
- provides better regulation of blood sugar
- can help decrease cardiovascular risks
5 Fast Facts About Tahini (Sesame Seeds):*
- high in calcium (35% dv)
- excellent antioxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in manganese (44% dv) and magnesium (31% dv)
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- contains cancer fighting agents
- high in beta-carotene
- excellent antioxidant
- high in vitamin K and A
- high in chromium mineral
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in antioxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- contains anti-viral properties
- lowers cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkalizing to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Himalayan:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!