Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are made with clean, real food ingredients and they’re vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, flourless and contain no refined sugar.
Today, I have for you a flourless Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for my August submission for The Recipe ReDux.
The theme this month is:
“Back to the Dinner Table – After the hustle and bustle of the holiday/vacation season, August is the time many families get ‘back to routine.’ Show us your favorite recipe to help families get ‘back to the dinner table.’ It might be a favorite family recipe from your childhood that you’ve ReDuxed; or maybe it’s your family’s current favorite. Let’s all gather back at the table!”
Instead of featuring a main entree that gets my family back to the dinner table, I decided to feature not what gets them to the dinner table, but keeps them there waiting in anticipation for one of their favorite desserts.
These cookies are a favorite in my house because they’re a combination of everyone’s favorites: one likes peanut butter cookies, one likes oatmeal cookies, one likes chocolate chip cookies and I love them because they are flourless and gluten-free.
They are really easy to make and they are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and contain no refined sugar!
5 Fast Facts About Peanuts (Peanut Butter):*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- high in folate
- contains tryptophan which helps fight depression
- good source of fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Oats:*
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.