Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Made Without Eggs, Butter, White Flour, or White Sugar
- One-Bowl Recipe Than Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, and contains no refined sugar!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Expect If I Make These Cookies?
Just so you know what to expect from a flourless and vegan cookie, these will be very delicate (might not hold up well in a lunch box or on-the-go) but will hold together well once they are -completely- cooled off for enjoying at home.
If you try to sneak one before they are completely cooled, they will crumble apart...I may or may not know this from experience!
Should I Use "Salted" or "Unsalted" Pistachios?
Either will work fine!
If you use "unsalted" pistachios, you may want to add an extra pinch of salt and if you use "salted" pistachios, you may want to omit the (1) pinch of salt shown in the ingredient list.
What Other Kinds Of Desserts Can I Make With Pistachios?
I love using pistachios in different recipes, for example, my Vegan Pistachio Mint Hummus, Pistachio and Matcha Truffles and my Vegan Salted Pistachio and Cranberry Chocolate Bark (yum!).
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Crunchy Raw Protein Balls
- Strawberry Fudge Truffles
- No-Bake Lemon Meltaway Balls
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 no-bake plant-based dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
Flourless Vegan Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- 1 cup organic cashew butter
- 1 cup organic raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the cookies:
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size bowl and gently stir until everything is well combined (the mixture should be slightly firm).
- Take out a spoonful at a time and roll into a ball shape then gently pat them down into a small round cookie shape.
- Place each cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10 minutes (keep an eye on them so they don't overbake).
- IMPORTANT: Make sure they cool -completely- before removing from the baking pan or serving. They will be very soft right when they come out the oven and will break apart. They will firm up after they've cooled off completely.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.