This Raw Vegan Red Pepper Basil Creamy Pine Nut Pesto is made with a handful of clean ingredients and is ready in just minutes.
It’s a perfect for using fresh basil and a nice change from traditional pesto.
It has a sweetness from the basil and a little spicy from the cayenne pepper.
And, it can be made in your Vitamix faster than the time it takes for the pasta to cook.
It can be easily changed to a gluten-free dish just by using gluten-free pasta or a 100% raw dish by using veggie pasta made with a spiral vegetable slicer.
Want more healthy sauce recipes? Check out Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Clean Eating Spinach Pesto or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip, dressing and sauce recipes just like this one that you will love!
- great source of iron
- contains protein and magnesium
- high in anti-oxidants
- good as an appetite suppressant
- good source of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Red Bell Peppers:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- 1 cup contains 195.8% dv of vitamin C
- excellent source of carotenoids
- contains potential anti-cancer benefits
- helps to reduce inflammation
5 Fast Facts About Basil:*
- 2 teaspoons provide 60% dv of vitamin K
- 2 teaspoons provide 5.9% dv of calcium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- good for digestive tract health
- anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- anti-bacterial and analgesic
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Extra Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- helps to improve high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detox
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #2: While a pesto is traditionally used with pasta, I actually used mine over kale as a salad dressing sprinkled with hemp seeds for a nice change of pace.
Tip #3: If you need this for more than 1-2 people, just double the ingredients in the recipe shown below.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.