This Raw Vegan Strawberry Creme Chocolate Truffle recipe won the prize to be my first strawberry recipe this year and it’s another luscious raw vegan recipe from DamyHealth.com.
If you follow me on Facebook, you had to see this coming lol!
I bought my first flat of strawberries of the season from our Farmer’s Market.
I got them at noon on Saturday and by dinnertime on Sunday, the entire flat was gone…except 4 containers.
However, I was able to sneak one container from two strawberry obsessed little boys to make this recipe.
I had been eyeing this recipe for a while and had actually bought a bag of frozen strawberries a couple of months ago because I wanted to make it.
But now that strawberry season is here, I can use fresh juicy strawberries.
And don’t worry about being tempted to eat them all at once…I have been eating about one truffle a day as a special treat and one is just enough because they are so satisfying!
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:
- loaded with antioxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- can help improve metabolism
- helps to improve cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:
- high in manganese and zinc
- contains high levels of antioxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao:
- contains over 300 different compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that help improve mood and positive outlook
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- high in antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: If you want them to be “pretty”, after you pour the bottom layer of chocolate, put them in the freezer for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Then pour the strawberry creme center on top and put it back in the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes or until it hardens and then pour the top layer of chocolate and return them to the freezer for another 10 – 15 minutes.
Or, if you don’t care how they look (like mine), you can just do everything in one step – pour bottom layer of chocolate, put a dollop of strawberry creme center (it will sink to the bottom and show through like mine above) and then the final layer of chocolate and put them in the freezer only once for 15 – 20 minutes or until they harden.
Tip #2: I didn’t add any sweetener to the creme filling because I don’t like my desserts too sweet and the strawberries already have a sweetness to them. I showed 1 – 2 tablespoons of sweetener to the recipe, but just adjust it to your taste.
Tip #3: I didn’t have chocolate candy molds to make these (which would have been really cute) so I just used an ice cube tray and they worked perfectly. I liked that they were bite sized too which is good for portion control.