I didn’t think I could ever love homemade salsa as much as I love my classic homemade version or my Raw Tomatillo Salsa, but my new Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Salsa is a pretty good contender.
It’s one of the best ways to use fresh tomatoes from your garden or from the Farmer’s Market.
The special ingredients that give this salsa an extra kick is the addition of balsamic vinegar and chili powder.
The brand of balsamic vinegar I use (365 Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena) is vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified. If you don’t have access to a Whole Foods, here’s another brand that is not only certified organic, but is made with organic grapes and uses no sulfites.
I didn’t realize this until recently, but regular white vinegar is commonly made from wine derived from corn, so it’s really important that any vinegar products you use are organic or Non-GMO Project Verified.
This fun summertime salsa is really easy to make with a food processor and you will probably have all the ingredients already on hand.
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Pineapple Guacamole, Cilantro and Lime Salsa, Field of Greens Zucchini Hummus or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dips and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- contains lycopenes which are cancer fighting agents
- high in beta-carotene
- excellent anti-oxidant
- high in vitamin A and K
- high in chromium which helps control blood sugar levels
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Extra Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: Feel free to adjust the seasonings (chili powder, Himalayan pink salt, cilantro, onions, garlic, etc) to your preference.
Tip #2: I like to use roma tomatoes to make mine, but you can use any type of tomatoes. The type of tomato you use can change the color of the salsa too. When I use roma tomatoes, it seems to have a darker color than when I use tomatoes from the Farmer’s Market.
Tip #3: This recipe will make approximately 1 – 2 servings.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.