Even though this recipe is called Vegan Cacao Almond Baked Breakfast Squares, it looks like the kind of breakfast you would feel guilty about eating.
Surely something that looks like a brownie couldn’t be healthy and nutritious for breakfast?
But yes they are!
They have a really unique texture. Not really a coarse cake-like texture like cake or brownies but more like a soft, mousse-type texture.
It’s a good way to use leftover quinoa (maybe from dinner the night before) and the recipe only needs 1 cup to make it.
They are a nice change from the typical breakfast entrees…pancakes, muffins, waffles and cereal but are super healthy and full of protein.
But, even though they are called breakfast squares, you could certainly make these whenever a healthy snack is in order.
And another surprise…they are vegan, flourless and gluten-free too!
5 Fast Facts About Quinoa:
- high in anti-oxidants
- high in magnesium at 20.9% RDA and folate at 19.5% RDA
- complete protein containing all 9 essential amino acids
5 Fast Facts About Dates:
- natural energy booster
- high iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Apples (Applesauce):
- rich in anti-oxidants
- good source of B-complex vitamins
- helps to reduce cholesterol
- 1 apple contains 17.4% RDA of fiber
- helps to regulate blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps promote cardiovascular health
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains 4 different neuro-transmitters to promote a positive outlook
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Meal):
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- 1/4 cup contains 8 g of vegan protein
- high in antioxidants
- reduces risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and, you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!