These Chipotle Almond Stuffed Brussels Sprouts are an easy and healthy recipe to make. It's the perfect spicy plant-based snack that can be enjoyed raw or baked in the oven for a delicious snack or side dish!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Can Be Enjoyed Raw or Blanched + Baked
- Great As An Appetizer, Snack, or Side Dish
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
And, there are several different and healthy options to make them.
For example, the ways you can prepare the Brussels sprouts by making them either raw or cooked, as well as, different varieties for flavors in the stuffing.
This is a healthy plant-based snack or appetizer recipe that's organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, alkaline, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions:
You can enjoy them raw without adding the heat of chipotle powder:
Or bake them in the oven covered with gluten-free or chickpea bread crumbs:
Just put them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
Or, if you like your brussels sprouts to be fully cooked, just leave them in longer.
They will lose their bright green color and the sprouts are much softer than the crunchy raw ones, but they are very good too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do With The Leaves and Insides That Were Scooped Out?
You can dice them up and use them in a salad or even dice them up and add them to the stuffing mixture.
Any Options To Prepare The Brussels Sprouts?
Here are a couple of different options for the brussels sprouts:
- Raw: I preferred mine raw and like the way they tasted. If you like raw brussels sprouts, you can blanch them slightly, stuff them, and eat them right away.
- Blanched + Baked: Lightly blanch them for 1-2 minutes, and after assembling them, top the Brussels sprouts with gluten-free or chickpea bread crumbs and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
Any Options For The Chipotle?
Here are a couple of different options for the stuffing:
- With Chipotle: One of the reasons I love the chipotle in this recipe is because it gives the stuffing a smoky + spicy flavor. Feel free to add more if you'd like.
- Without Chipotle: If you don't like the heat from chipotle, or will be serving to your children, you can reduce or omit the chipotle and adjust the other seasonings to your preference.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Cheesy Baked Kale Chips
- Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Toast with Spicy Guacamole
- Rosemary and Garlic Sweet Potato Medallions
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Chipotle Almond Stuffed Brussels Sprouts
- 20 organic Brussels sprouts
For the stuffing:
- gluten-free or chickpea bread crumbs
- If using the baking option, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside. If using the raw option, skip these steps.
Prepare the Brussels sprouts:
- Cut the ends off all the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
- Option 1 (Raw): Set the Brussels sprouts aside.
- Option 2 (Blanched + Baked): Add the Brussels sprouts to a medium-size pot filled with filtered/purified water and quickly blanch for 1-2 minutes, or until they turn bright green.
- Strain and allow them to cool completely before preparing to add the stuffing.
- After they are cooled, remove the inner part of the brussels sprouts until only the outer "shell" remains. Make sure you leave enough of the outer part of the brussels sprouts to support the stuffing.
Prepare the stuffing:
- Add all the ingredients for the stuffing to a food processor and process until it becomes a crumbly, chunky texture. Take care not to over-process, just enough to break the almonds down into tiny pieces.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Add the stuffing to the insides of the brussels sprouts.
- Option 1 (Raw): Serve raw and enjoy them immediately.
- Option 2 (Blanched + Baked): Sprinkle the tops with gluten-free or chickpea breadcrumbs and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.