This is a nice vegan cornbread recipe that is quite moist and really easy to make.
You probably already have all the ingredients on hand, with the exception of cornmeal, unless you use it on a regular basis. The only thing I really use it for is to make cornbread so that’s the only reason I already had some.
I don’t know why, but the majority of the time I make it for breakfast (is that weird?) and rarely as a side dish to a meal like chili.
It’s very dense and not a sweet cornbread, which I like. However, if you like a sweeter cornbread, just increase the maple syrup by 1 – 2 tablespoons until you get it to the right sweetness.
I usually use a round cake pan and cut the pieces in triangle shapes. Today, I used an 8 x 8 glass Pyrex baking dish and cut them in squares and they came out much thicker this way.
After you prepare the batter, it will be very thick – as opposed to a thinner batter like a pancake batter or pre-packaged cornbread batter. Just use a spatula to transfer it into your baking dish.
Important Tip: Corn is the top GMO crop produced today. PLEASE make sure you use ORGANIC cornmeal when making this recipe or any other recipe that calls for “corn” or a “corn” ingredient. I purchase my organic cornmeal from the bulk section at Whole Foods, but if you don’t have one nearby, you can order organic cornmeal online from Amazon. There is such little cost difference and it is so important to your health!
Now, let’s talk about some of the healthy ingredients in this vegan cornbread recipe that will make you feel good about serving it to your family:
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Fact About Maple Syrup:
- contains manganese and zinc
- contains 54 different antioxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with protein, calcium and fiber
- high in antioxidants
- reduces risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balances in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- reduces bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door: