This Vegan Southwest Quinoa Bake is a really easy and filling dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
It’s made with two excellent sources of vegan protein – quinoa and black beans, and also fresh vegetables like onions, garlic, cilantro, zucchini and tomatoes.
If you don’t already have quinoa prepared, you can be prepping the veggies while the quinoa is cooking, which only takes about 10 – 15 minutes.
And after you saute’ the onions and garlic for a few minutes, the next step is to just add everything to a medium size mixing bowl, stir it all together than transfer it to your baking dish.
You’ll only need to bake it long enough to warm the ingredients and melt the cheese.
It’s also a great recipe to make when you have a little extra leftover quinoa, since this recipe only needs one cup.
This is a healthy vegan meal that’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free.
Want more healthy dinner recipes? Check out Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup, Spicy Twice Baked Turmeric Potatoes, Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entrée recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Quinoa:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- high in magnesium (20.9% DV) and folate (19.5% DV)
- complete protein containing 9 essential amino acids
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- contains lycopenes which are cancer fighting agents
- high in beta-carotene
- excellent anti-oxidant
- high in vitamin A and K
- high in chromium which helps control blood sugar levels
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:*
- low calorie food – 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Black Beans:*
- extremely high in fiber
- loaded with anti-oxidants
- contains insoluble fiber
- high in iron at 20% RDA
- regulates blood glucose absorption
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.