Today I have for you a basic vegan, Raw Corn Chip recipe, but just think of all the ways you could jazz these up!
I’m thinking lime and cilantro chips, jalapeno chips, chili chips, onion chips, garlic chips, cheezy chips.
I’ve made these with both fresh, organic corn and organic frozen corn and both worked fine.
The main thing is that you use organic, non-GMO corn to make these since corn is one of the top 3 GMO crops and corn grain can contain up to 15 different pesticides.
Store-bought corn chips, in general, do not have a long list of “evil” ingredients, but unless you buy an organic brand, you are eating a bag of GMO’s.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Dorito’s Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips: Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oils (Corn Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil), Salt
Again, you are getting GMO corn, GMO oils, and refined salt.
When you make your own homemade chips, you can use organic ingredients and keep them raw by using a dehydrator.
Here are some healthy, clean eating, raw or vegan dip recipes to enjoy with your raw corn chips:
- Vegan Kale and Artichoke Dip
- Raw Spinach and Avocado Dip
- Raw Cilantro and Lime Salsa
- Raw Zucchini Hummus
- Raw Pineapple Guacamole
My healthier snack recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For Raw Vegan Corn Chips
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Tip #1: One special tip to share is when you spread the mixture on the dehydrator tray, make sure it is not as thick as you would spread it for a cracker and not too thin (paper thin) – try to get something in between. If it’s too thick, it will take too long and will be like a cracker. If it’s too thin, they won’t be thick and sturdy enough to scoop up your favorite dip or salsa.
Tip #2: I like to use fresh ground flax seeds by grinding them myself when I’m ready to use them, so they are as fresh as possible. I use an inexpensive coffee grinder to grind mine.
Tip #3: You can use either organic frozen corn kernels or organic corn kernels in a BPA-free can, either will work fine.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vegan Cheesy Baked Kale Chips
- Lemon Dill Kale Chips
- Raw Vegan Carrot and Flax Crackers
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Raw Vegan Corn Chips
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Egg-Free
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until well combined and has a thick pasty-type texture, using a tamper if needed. I used a Vitamix Professional Series 750 Model, starting at the lowest speed setting (1) and gradually moving up to the highest speed setting (10).
- Transfer the mixture to a Paraflexx drying sheet and spread it evenly, not too thick or too thin.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for approximately 18-24 hours, or until crispy, flipping them over about midway through.
- Cut into triangle shapes and serve.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Raw Vegan Corn Chips" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.