This Blackberry Pomegranate and Hemp Protein Chia Pudding will take your plain chia seed pudding to another level of deliciousness.
And yes, in the food blogging world, “deliciousness” is a real word!
Hemp seeds were one of the first superfoods I fell in love with when I started eating clean and I have been faithfully loyal.
I don’t even know where to start with my love for hemp seeds…they are so versatile and can be used in savory dishes, smoothies, desserts or as a topping on just about anything.
The best part about them is their nutritional profile.
They are an excellent source of vegan protein and healthy omega fats.
I’ve used hemp seed oil, hemp protein powder and of course, plain hemp seeds.
But today, I’ve got something really special to share with you besides just plain hemp seeds…how about some upgraded flavored hemp protein!
I was contacted by Natera to try out some of their hemp seed products and am impressed beyond words.
The packs I received were:
- Blackberry Pomegranate Hemp Protein – 15 g protein / 2 g omegas 3 & 6 / 5 g fiber
- Dark Chocolate Hemp Protein – 15 g protein / 2 g omegas 3 & 6 / 5 g fiber
- Maple Hemp Seeds – 7 g protein / 9 g omegas 3 & 6 / 1 g fiber
- Himalayan Pink Salt Hemp Seeds / 7 g protein / 9 g omegas 3 & 6 / 1 g fiber
While they all looked amazing, I immediately went for the Blackberry Pomegranate…what a great combination!
So for the recipe I made to share with you today, I used the Blackberry Pomegranate Hemp Protein packet.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Vanilla Bean and Blueberry Chia Pudding, Raspberry and Banana Chia Pudding, Pineapple Protein Chia Seed Pudding or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Blackberries:*
- 1 cup contains 35% dv of vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 20% dv of fiber
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer properties
- contains 36% dv vitamin K
5 Fast Facts About Pomegranate:*
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- good source of potassium with 1 cup containing 10% dv
- good source of vitamin C with 1 cup containing 26% dv
- 1/2 cup contains 3.5 g fiber
- 1 cup contains 2.6 g plant-based protein
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Disclaimer: I was given samples of Natera hemp products to review and use in creating a new recipe. I was under no obligation to give a positive review and was not paid for this review or endorsement. All thoughts, opinions and comments are my own.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.