This Gluten-Free Vegan Blackberry Pomegranate and Hemp Protein Chia Pudding is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based breakfast or dessert that can be prepared in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Perfect As A Plant-Based Breakfast Meal Or Dessert
- Can Be Prepared In About 5 Minutes
- Made With Only 6 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You'll love how my healthy plant-based recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, contains no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant!
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Prepare The Chia Pudding
Firstly, add all the ingredients for the chia pudding to a quart-size glass mason jar.
Combine the ingredients using either one of these methods:
- Seal the lid on the mason jar tight and shake it vigorously until everything is well combined
- Use this handy mini whisk (I love mine!) to whisk the ingredients together until well combined
Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for at least (1) hour to allow the chia pudding to firm.
Step 2: Assembly
Secondly, when ready to serve, remove the mason jar from the refrigerator.
Re-stir or re-whisk the chia pudding then add the blackberries and pomegranate seeds on top.
Step 3: How To Store
Lastly, store any leftovers in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Hemp Protein: In this recipe, I used Natera Blackberry Pomegranate Hemp Protein, but you could also use plain, unflavored organic hemp protein, or even omit the hemp protein if you prefer.
Homemade Almond Milk: I like to use homemade almond milk, but you can use your favorite non-dairy milk. Another great option is Joi Organic Almond Milk made with 100% organic almonds.
Maple Syrup: Instead of using maple syrup as a sweetener for the chia pudding, you can mash up 1/2-1 ripe banana and mix it in.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (1) cup of chia pudding. Nutritional information is calculated for (1) cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Plant-Based Chia Pudding Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vanilla Bean and Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Raspberry and Banana Chia Pudding
- Pineapple Protein Chia Seed Pudding
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Blackberry Pomegranate and Hemp Protein Chia Pudding
For the chia pudding:
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Natera Blackberry Pomegranate Hemp Protein
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup organic blackberries
- 1/2 cup organic pomegranate seeds
- Add all the ingredients for the chia seed pudding to a mason jar, seal the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until everything is blended together.
- Vigorously shake or whisk the ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes, or until the chia pudding firms.
- When ready to serve, remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, stir, then add the blackberries and pomegranate seeds to the top.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.